Unreal PSX

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Yea the jumping is the problem I'm having. The Block volume on that chuck of wall by the Vent is made to have little or no real space to leap upon w/o sliding off. LOL, should have a little more volume added to it. IMO

No, you must get to the fallen piece, then jump to the mover then to the left side on that second mover, then to another one and to last one and then from that you can jump up. It is difficult but possible.

Oh and btw....these levels are not the original PSX levels, they are the "redone" versions, maybe Kagle will look for the originals.

Btw:
http://ign64.ign.com/articles/061/061682p1.html

That was article about N64 version, which was developed simultaneously with PC version but I guess that port didn't have new maps or anything.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Have some news about this: There won't be any other levels for quite a while now it seems. James Hamer-Morton has the levels back at his old computer at UK and he is not going back anytime soon.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Well the title was called Unreal PSX, as a working title, it was gonna get a new name though. And yes it was on playstation one...
even other playstation ports were called PSX.

It is as explained here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation

(abbreviated PS, PSone, PS1, or PSX due to its internal code name PlayStation Experimental[9])

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Yes ambershee, PSX means PS1 in this case, not the PS2-based "PSX".

I remember finding tidbits about this game here and there, but this is the first time I've ever seen anything really concrete about it. Interesting.

If it had come out, my Unreal journey might've began a few years earlier than it actually did...

Here's to hoping we can get some more "new old stuff" too. :)

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I tried to make update on NPScript and see if I can hide the hud other way...I could do it, but I was not able to restort the configured hud setting from ini back, instead it restores it to default one...I did not figure out how to change that, I guess someone else would need to code that...I am not that much into coding lately so...
Do not use this for online (one server already uses the npscript with the commented out hidecount, which is found in the npscript.zip and which is what should be used anyway unless this can be changed more properly), this is just unfinished test..just to show it was supposed to hide hud.

Attachments

• NPScriptnew.rar
    2.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I have got a response from Nathan Silvers, it seems my previous email ended in his spambox. :D

He might have the levels as well still, so stay tuned.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I don't know what is going on...two weeks ago I got response from another designer (Jason Watkins) and he said he will look for the levels in the old stuff, but then they kinda fell silent afterwards...
And now Nathan's site is down....I hope this is only temporary...:(

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Update: It was temporary, Nathan will release the levels later, but not levels of the other level designers, until he has a permission from the other LDs.

Zeji

Nov 8, 2008
So, are all of the levels showcased in the video the ones that will be released?

Diehard

Someone pointed out to me that the links to Unreal Texture are borked. And yeah he is right, because of the mishap last week with my host i was forced to take the script off from the site that deals with the raw downloads.

Just now, i made an "more" official page for the files and it can be found on this link: PSX Maps

Appologises for the broken links, but its kinda beyond my control. But the files are still there, and can be downloaded from that new link.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
No.
I am giving it time, he needs to arrange a lot of stuff etc before he can look, I told him that he should tell me when he will look.

Status
Not open for further replies.