LightMatch

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TheIronKnuckle

What the hell is this "ballin" thing?
A thread whining about DarkMatch being dark. Unbelievable.

What's next? Titans too large? KoosBarge too barge-like? Don't like the rails in VCTF-Rails? VCTF-Stranded leaves you feeling abandoned?

I shoulda seen it coming.:doh:
Awesome post of the year for the world :lol:

While i don't agree with the motives for starting this thread, it's got me thinking. I reckon it would be interesting for someone to mod the level to show what it was like BEFORE the blackout. So it would indeed be called dm-lightmatch and the lights would all be back on. It'd be nice to see how differently the level plays with some light

DazJW

Mar 25, 2008
DM-Darkmatch is my favorite thing in the Titan pack. I wish I could make all the maps like this.

It's really easy to set up a new level as a darkmatch as I explain here, it'd just be tedious having to go around the old levels and bring all the lighting down.
You could kill it entirely which would be quicker, but pitch black doesn't work as well as having a small amount of light.

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
Great map, I'll try it right away.

Unreal Tournament 3 has too much tournament... not.

Nanoblack could surely be more useful, but that would make UT3 a class based game. Maybe a Necris mutator that gives players the ability to use Nanoblack with some advantages and drawbacks to make a balanced but varied game?

The grenades from the Unreal Tournament version of the Rocket Launcher was so devastating when fully loaded with six grenades. They bounced around a lot and could hit almost anything. Of course six rockets really did some damage too and reducing it to three is a good way to make the game more balanced. Also, I must test if grenades friendly fire, could be really good if they don't.

Unreal Tournament maps were much more simple so bouncing projectiles became very predictable. I really miss the Ripper with the ability to do headshots around corners.

I say, bring the Ripper back. It is a very useful weapon too.

Kazimira

Necris Fan
Dec 13, 2008
UK
kazumitsu.deviantart.com
Its kind of light almost clear nanoblack in that map though it's kind of... Wimpy nanoblack compared to nanoblack in other maps thats so funky it even sits in blobs of nanoblack sludge.

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
Which reminds me... what does nanoblack do again?

Maybe nearby nanoblack sludge blobs could start connecting and form a web that blocks projectiles and shots for a short period of time also causes massive damage if touched or serve as a bridge, ramp or wall for players to cross or dodge from.

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
Reanimate fallen enemies and friends to support your cause. Could be done easily with temporal bots. Just shoot a corpse or kill someone with the nanoblack sludge and they are turned into automated AI that rise from a state of feign death. So much fun we could have with that.