Why are you still playing INF?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kitty.cat

It'll work, just not the right way.
Sep 18, 2005
Oregon
I just thought it'd be interesting to go around the forumers and see what it is you guys still play INF for. Could be a good community building exercise or something. I dunno.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Still the best game, the more enjoyable in all games I have ever had installed (maybe except minesweeper).

So I hardly see why i should play something else. Sometimes I go back to other games to change my mind or get something I don't get with INF (especially to play with the rest of GD), but INF still on top.

And doing addons for INF is fun too. Not having enough time to work on them, isnt.

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
Haven't found anything better.

There are many pretenders but Infiltration is the only one that is the real deal.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
No other game makes it feel as "real" as INF. ****ty graphics and all. Its simply the way the guns handle, and the movement and damage systems which make it feel more realistic then any other game out.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I didn't played INF since some weeks now. When I find a bit time I play Unreal co-op again. Hell of fun, all the tons of custom missions to enjoy. Huge temples to explore, huge alien ships to be amazed, awesome atmosphere this game still has.

I swear, my wettest dream, byside a good tactical game, would be an Unreal like FPS adventure game with massive co-op.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
It's the best out there still. i wish i had more time to play though. Plus the guys i play with are cool people to hang with.

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
whenever i try another game, i shoot the ennemy 20feets of me and he doesnt die (20bullets), runs towards me and put 10 in my head .

repeat x10times

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
I continue to play INF 2.9 (from time to time now) for the same exact reason i continue to play Operation Flashpoint since 2001 : there is nothing available up to what INF and OFP are offering to me for what i like to play (even if i work more on OFP than i play it actually :) ).

EGM<NL>E

Jul 14, 2005
enschede-netherlands
why we still ply infiltration

well why not indeed.
inf still rocks after all these years:)
and its a good stress releaver after long working days with lots of ****
happening that makes you realy tired at times
{stops me from annihilating all sorts of idiots in my neighbourhood that try
to mess with my life and good humour:D }

Last edited:

Domino

< Phoenix Rising >
Oct 25, 1999
Houston
That's a good question. Probably because the only game I've found that's even close to the INF experience is America's Army.

INF needs a facelift badly though... the UT99 engine is a freaking dinosaur nowadays.

Apr 11, 2002
Dallas, TX
www.google.com
No other game offers the same level of realism that INF+EAS offers. Some come close but fall short. The free-aim, iron sights, and animation do it for me. The movement needs to be improved, but no game comes close to matching its realism. I like games that set up a strict, but simple set of rules and then do whatever you want within those rules. Like INF vs CS, Chess vs Checkers, and Tribes 2 vs um... something.

CS tries to control ever action the player performs. The player cannot shoot more acurately than x. The player must have this kind of loadout arrengment. The player must get more kills to get better weapons. And so on.

Checkers: The player must move forward with each move. The player must take any possible captures. and so on.

In Tribes 2, you have a rule set tha is pretty broad. Each player can pretty much do whatever. You arn't limited to a class system, and like INF, you can pick whatever loadout you want. Further, you can build up fortifications, sensor networks, you can spy on the enemy. The vehicles themselves only have a coupleo attributes to govern them and from there the player can do whatever.

What I like are games that don't have a ton of BS to limit the player artificially. INF has some BS (Prone and SAW) but on the whole it has far less than most other games.

Kitty.cat

Sep 18, 2005
Oregon
At least INF's BS is BS you could expect in a real firefight :p

I still play for the realism, the action, the teamwork, Assessina_Maja and UN17 :D

MP_Lord_Kee

Mar 7, 2003
Visit site
Inf is the only game that allows me to act in a way I would in a real life situation, and doesn't force me to adopt some unlogical method to ensure success in the game. (sure, most of the time I get killed but sometimes I get lucky and don't :) ) The feeling you get from shooting is the closest to rl feeling I have experienced in any game. The community is by far the most mature and enjoyable one I have seen, unless you don't count some FS2004 blushflying communities...:)

//Kee

Kitty.cat

Sep 18, 2005
Oregon
I'd be in [PDX]... but I'm NOT IN PORTLAND ANYMORE! So now I just sit in P^R 'cos really I just like listening to Crac's bitterness, KW's huggableness and PBJ's whining on TS. It's really damn funny, like watching Red vs Blue without a video feed. I guess that's another reason I still play INF.

Stinkmarder

[JgKdo]
Feb 3, 2001
Germany
Kitty.cat said:
Why are you still playing INF?
Can't find anything better.
INF has some weaknesses but it still comes closer to my 'perfect game' than any other game I know.

Psychomorph said:
When I find a bit time I play Unreal co-op again. Hell of fun, all the tons of custom missions to enjoy. Huge temples to explore, huge alien ships to be amazed, awesome atmosphere this game still has.
I hope you are doing this with INF weapons, do you ? ;)
Playing Unreal Coop within INF adds IMHO a lot to the already perfect Unreal atmosphere.

Psychomorph said:
I swear, my wettest dream, byside a good tactical game, would be an Unreal like FPS adventure game with massive co-op.
Well, If there are some more ppl who are interested in this I could set up a dedicated INF-Coop Server with maps from Unreal, RTNP, ONP, etc.
It surely has some bugs (IIRC all players get disconnected on each map change and need to reconnect) but it could also be much fun. :)