Pain2K4a3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Pain2K4a4

Pain2K4 a5! :O
This is still needed, if you don't already have it.

Lots of new junk since the last version. I can't remember what it all is. Read the last few posts of mine to figure it out. Lots of general improvements and a few new weapons. Sniper shotgun uses the same ammo and damage type as the quad shot, which I may change. Izu jumps to targets rather than rotating smoothly. The target's distance appears next to it (so I could tell what was being targetted). This'll eventually be replaced with a crosshair type thing, or simply be removed. Zappy gun alt hasn't been started. Got some slick ideas for the shock rifle replacement swirlin' aroun' in m' head. ;3

Last edited:

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
The alien weapon's nowhere near complete. That's why I didn't bother mentioning it. I know it's a piece of junk as it is now.
I'm definitely gonna be giving the railgun less ammo.
What sort of FX tweaks, Kangu?

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
I think you should either shorten or extend the thermal scope range. I found it hard to see enemies past its range with the blue effect, but I did manage to score plenty of kills on unaware bots though walls. I think it should highlight all visable players, and only show players though thin walls. Hows that sound. That would prevent hunting players in the other base on CTF-Face, yet still make long range sniping easy.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
I don't think I can check the thickness of walls, but I think I could make the ranges at which it highlights visible players and at which it highlights players behind walls different. If I did that, is the current range good for the thermal part and have visible players not depend on range?

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Eh? I don't think that's happened to me. I don't blow myself up much, though. I think it's probably the xemitters. The mine explosions in P2K3 used to lag when you were real close to them, too.

Postal

Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
I have a hard time using the rocket gun effectivly, the effects are cool, but I personaly dont care for its balance. However, I still think the railguns tops.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
What part of its balance seems off? I personally think it could use some more ammo.

Postal

Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
I mean damage and knockback. I had a hard time using the alt effectivly, and while I love the rocket effects and akimbo, seemed for that little damage, the ROF should be higher, or something. I dunno. perhaps I need to use it more.

Eyegore

=================
Sep 4, 2001
Hanover
I really like the explosion of the grenades, but my FPS drop a bunch too when they explode...is it because of the texture? It' not like there seems to be that great an increase in the particle count...