A thread for spending currency only for greatly discounted electronic transactions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Hmm I thought Darksiders sounded familiar, then I googled it and realized it was the epitome of bad console ports. No graphical settings outside of brightness? And the game came out roughly 9 months after the console versions, that is a sorry excuse. The only reason I would be interested in this is because it was made out to be a zelda clone. I will await word from others.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
I quite enjoyed darksiders. Looked pretty good and I had no trouble at all getting it to run and at good performance. I never had any technical issues with it whatsoever.

I did end up burning out on it before I got to finish, but I blame that on having played Castlevania:LoS right before it and came down with genre fatigue.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Hmm I thought Darksiders sounded familiar, then I googled it and realized it was the epitome of bad console ports. No graphical settings outside of brightness? And the game came out roughly 9 months after the console versions, that is a sorry excuse. The only reason I would be interested in this is because it was made out to be a zelda clone. I will await word from others.

Darksiders is awesome, yo. Buy it. Also, play with a 360 controller.

Mclogenog

I put the lol in philology
Darksiders is awesome, yo. Buy it. Also, play with a 360 controller.
I've been debating about whether to pick this up or not since the sale appeared. Tried the 360 demo and enjoyed it, but I'm not sure about how it will control on a PC. If I have to spend additional money to get a wire for my wireless controller, or buy a new controller, I might as well buy it used for 360.

So, are the pc controls actually bad?

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Darksiders is great. It's quite a long game too.
You don't need a controller to play it, it's really fine with KB/M.
Sure there's no options to tweak graphics but that's because the game was made for consoles first which have only one detail level (It's the same on both consoles) and they didn't remake all the art assets for the PC version. Don't let that stop you from playing a great game though.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
It's kind of an old west take on TF2 in third person. Pretty fun. Definitely worth $2.50.