OMGWTFHAXPLZFIX

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
3 years of mapping , and i first got this...

Code:
Build UT2004_Build_[2005-02-15_17.02]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1806 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200  (7189)

General protection fault!

History: WBrowserStaticMesh::UpdateMenu <- WBrowserStaticMesh::OnSize <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- WBrowserStaticMesh::OnCreate <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- PerformCreateWindowEx <- WBrowser::OpenWindow <- WBrowserStaticMesh::OpenWindow <- WM_BROWSER_UNDOCK <- WEditorFrame::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc

And just then, since 1 error log is not enought , i got a second one....

Code:
Build UT2004_Build_[2005-02-15_17.02]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1809 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200  (7189)

General protection fault!

History: WBrowserStaticMesh::UpdateMenu <- WBrowserStaticMesh::OnSize <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- WBrowserStaticMesh::OnCreate <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- PerformCreateWindowEx <- WBrowser::OpenWindow <- WBrowserStaticMesh::OpenWindow <- WM_BROWSER_UNDOCK <- WEditorFrame::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- FALVoiceModule::NoteDestroy <- UALAudioSubsystem::NoteDetroy <- ULevel::DestroyActor <- (Camera myLevel.Camera0) <- UPlayer::Destroy <- UViewport::Destroy <- (WindowsViewport Package.WindowsClient0.TerrainHeightmap) <- UWindowsViewport::Destroy <- UObject::ConditionalDestroy <- (WindowsViewport Package.WindowsClient0.TerrainHeightmap) <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- UEditorEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

My report:

Last night , i used ued and while playing, i closed the editor with CTRL+ALT+DELETE

Obviously , that's the cause of this stupid problem

I guess the problem are the viewport setting , like the texture browser and stuff , the editor is just about to apear after the loading logo , and it crash. It load everything it need so that,s why i'm guessing it's the viewport thing.

I also tried the to reinstal the patch and someother stuff and nothing worked. The only way to fix it is probably to reinstall the game @ 6 cd version AKA pain in teh aS§

Well , thanks.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yeah , That's not smart , i was playing a game in ut2004 and we where about to win (
i was the only hope for my team)

Photoshop , UED, maya, Arg ,

*CTRL+ALT+DELETE*

Well , trust me , no more retarded act like this one. Thanks for your help Hourences.

It worked, That's the file that store UED's info. Now it's rebuild :)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Another impotant thing to UED Autosave mappers.

I just noticed it's very bad when you have autosaves to CTRL+ALT+DELETE

I remember i had a map inside my map folder and i lost it for no reason. Yet i just discovered that th editor overwhrite some file that you saved over with autosaves. Higly recoemend you close your editor the way it's suposed to be closed. That give me a good lesson about it , man , i almost lost ONS-Tek. , i had 7 more autosave KPHEWTHXBYE!