Info for dialup gamers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
I'm Renegade Retard, and I approve of this message.

Edit -

All in all, there's not a lot of finesse & magic to playing FPS's on dialup. It's frustrating & it can get ugly at times. But, when you get used to it, and if you can have fun & hang in there, you'll get the biggest rush when you lag your way to wins. I've always referred to dialup'ers as "56k Warriors" - you gotta be tough as nails, patient, and really good to overpower the DSL/Cablers, and they deserve special recognition for doing so & showing up to do battle with "the big boys".

As former president of the LA (Laggers Anonymous) Club, I played 2k3 and 2k4 for two years on a 26.4K connection. I'm here to tell you that you CAN enjoy this game, even with such a terrible connection. You may not be able to stand up to some of the top clan players, but you certainly can handle your own and even win on pubs. If you need screenshots as proof, let me know and I'll post some.

Good write up Scum. Those tips helped me a lot when I played with dialup.

Last edited: