Anyone Know How to Cheat the USER.INI file?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robvia

Dec 3, 1999
plantation Fl USA
Visit site
Hi,

The save games are stored in your
/unrealtournament/system/USER.INI file.

At the very bottom of the file you'll see this text.

[UTMenu.SlotWindow]
Saves[0]=1\0\5\13\3\4\3\4\0\-1\0\0\M\0\Playername
Saves[1]=
Saves[2]=
Saves[3]=
Saves[4]=

I backed up this file to USER.BAK, played a level, then took another look. The numbers change, but I'm not sure what each number is because they don't match the game score exactly for each game type (deathmatch, domination, CTF, Assult and the total). Change some of the numbers in the middle of that string and your score goes up and you don't have to go thru all the levels. But if you make them too high then you get a blank level and the game doesn't know what to do and it won't play the trophy scene if you finish the last level.

Just something I'm curious about, why?
Because I played for two hours on a machine that was running a dedicated server at the same time and then my saved games got wiped out, I guess you can't play the tournament and run the dedicated server at the same time because its sharing the same files. So I wanted to get back to where I was.

At least you know what file to back up to a floppy in case your machine crashes and you have to re-install the game.

Talk to you later.
Robert.

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Yeah here's a save to get you to the end (I got lazy and asked my buddy velocitty for it /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif)

Saves[2]=1\2\6\13\6\9\6\9\6\6\6\3\M\0\LiquiD_SiN

bullet2.gif

If you have any problems with what I just said then I welcome you to click here.

Robvia

Dec 3, 1999
plantation Fl USA
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for responding.

I also got impatient and finished the game in god mode. I got back to where I was, then kept going. What can I say, I wanted to see the ending.
I saved my USER.INI files at the point where I started the championship ladder, and at the Xan level.

Here's the start of the Championship level
[UTMenu.SlotWindow]
Saves[0]=1\0\6\13\6\9\6\9\6\6\0\0\M\0\Playername
Saves[1]=
Saves[2]=
Saves[3]=
Saves[4]=

Here's the Xan level
[UTMenu.SlotWindow]
Saves[0]=1\0\6\13\6\9\6\9\6\6\5\3\M\0\Playername
Saves[1]=
Saves[2]=
Saves[3]=
Saves[4]=

I have to congradulate all of you who have finished the game without cheating. I don't know how you do it. Its probably taken me about 10 hours to finish, so I can just imagine how long it takes for someone to do it for real. I work full time and don't have as much time, so my hats off to all of you. But I do enjoy playing a few games every night online, so I'll see you there.

Talk to you later.

Status
Not open for further replies.