Angelheart request!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Ok, im a real big WW2 fan, and ever since i first got UT, ive been searching for a really good, really realistic WW2 beach level. So far, i've been unsuccesful. The best i've got is AS-OMAHA which you can get at NC. Seeing as to how good your maps are (did i mention your my fave mapper?:D ) and how much research you seem to do and the amazing textures you get, AND after seeing Panzer, i knew you'd be perfect for my request. If you decide to make an Omaha map, i want it to be really realistic. You need to put hedgehogs, log ramp, and log posts. Don't worry about Belgium gates, those would use too many pollys.

Heres some stuff you can use,
onormay228a4.gif

and heres some screens of MOH:AA's Omaha so you know exactly what it should look like.
http://www.mohaa.ea.com/intelligence/screenshots.html

and heres a map section from the dead mod FLA, take a look at the pics of SARGE's maps.
http://www.planetunreal.com/flassault/maps.htm

and if all else fails, watch the firsr 20 mins of Private Ryan. And don't worry about making a big beach, i dont care if its a little laggy, just make sure that its not so laggy that its not fun. Otherwise, make a big map so its as relaisitc as possible!

I would REALLY apreciate it if you did this.

-Thanx, Diablo

jon

Feb 14, 2000
Visit site
I had always intended doing it but when I saw Sarge's screens some time back I thought it was being covered so didn't bother. Is that map not now happening?

I'm good freinds with SARGE and he said that he d/l Napster from a server other than the one from Napters homepage and it had a virus so he lost everything (yup, including his great Omaha map) and had to reformat his HD. So right now, an Omaha map is open to anyone. So please AH, i really want a map like this. It would mean so much to me. My grandfather was dropped in behind Normandy (luckily he didnt hit the beach) but after i started learning about it from him, and then seeing SPR and learning it in high school, i got really interested, and ive always wanted that feeling. So now im waitng for MOH:AA but i still want one for UT. So it would mean a lot to me if you did this, thanx again if you decide to. Im sure with your skills it would be, perfect!

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
angelheart: i just noticed you didn't release your latest maps on your website anymore [that aliens map, rorkes drift and another one]
are they only available on the forum?

jon

Feb 14, 2000
Visit site
For now, yes. I still need one stable place to store them all. I was a bit sick when I found all the url's changed when Nali City quit Planet Unreal, and I haven't got it together again yet. Thought of all those uploads, man :(. Can anyone send me a link to a good pic of a small personel landing craft used in the Normandy landings, I've had a look around but can't find one.

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
oh and while you're here... would you mind if i did an infiltration version of rorkes drift with team playerstarts and footstep sounds?

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
just one last question, how did los pescados the conversion? did he make a new infiltration texture pack with the footsteps or did he just change the existing one? [don't know if it could lead to version mismatches]

BrownCow

I Heart Gnat.
Jun 18, 2000
You can goto my site and upload your map into the database. You can then generate a link to use for people to download it and a link to use for people to view your map listing. (screen shots, info etc etc).

If you are looking for a quick place to host maps from that would do the trick. And i've fixed my crashing issues, so the stability is greatly enhanced.

Click here for an example of the "viewing the listing" I mentioned

Then whenever you want someone to download your file you can just use the link generated in the site. And you can specify a url for the file as well as upload the file into the database. So there. Speed is 50k ul and dl. Not perfect, but better then nothing.