Just Reformatted

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ruffrider

Feb 2, 2000
Citrus Springs, FL
During FragPU last night I was sitting at my pc going through hell and back :(. My dad told me not to but you know me.... I did it anyway. First problem that arose was a soundcard cd I could not find... luckly I found it. Next problem... Diamond MII cd missing. I couldn't find it so I started hitting my head on the desk. Well now heres the BIG PROBLEM! I rebooted the pc after all my drivers where installed and whats this, my PII 300 is running at 233? That put me into a rage of fury which woke my father up and he yelled at me for doing it and sent me to my room. Well he fell asleep and I crept back to the pc and continued searching to find out why it would be at 233. I wen into the set up during reboot and I see I can set it to 300... and 333.... and 350 :). How do I change the settings? Please e-mail me at Ruffrider25@hotmail.com or just post it. Thanx :).

PS.... if you were on my ICQ send me a message tonight so I can add you to my contacts again.

------------------
AKA {ISV-K}Ruffrider
"My House!"
In the words of Boom... "Boom!"

Just because I'm a HPB doesn't mean I can't kick your A$$!

~Cobra~

Cursed!
Apr 7, 2000
Visit site
not sure if you can set it above 300... depends on what kind of ram you have... if you have pc100 you can... if you have pc66 i doubt you can...

and also it depends on the motherboard.. some let you do it in the BIOS... but some you have to mess with jumpers...

bullet2.gif

"nice shot"

Ruffrider

Feb 2, 2000
Citrus Springs, FL
Mine lets me do it in BIOS... my question is how?

bullet2.gif

AKA {ISV-K}Ruffrider
"My House!"

~Cobra~

Cursed!
Apr 7, 2000
Visit site
if it's already at 300 the multiplier should be around 3.3 or something.... just goto user define or something... and just choose a clock speed... it should have the fsb in ()'s... just make sure you don't go above 100 unless you have pc133 ram...

bullet2.gif

"nice shot"

Ruffrider

Feb 2, 2000
Citrus Springs, FL
Well it was 300mhz when i bought the pc... im ure setting it back to 300 wont hurt it. Im probably gonna set it on 333 or 350 though.

bullet2.gif

AKA {ISV-K}Ruffrider
"My House!"

[OF]candyman

Nov 24, 1999
OHIO
www.iamapervert.com
I think the voltage gets increased to stop the errors while over clocking. which in turn causes over heating. I would not recommend over clocking it anyways. I have to ask if you if you only reformatted you HD then why on earth would this setting change? Those settings are done
A)in bios
B)on the motherboard
C)a special program made for windows to change it but I think it only works on certain motherboards
Me think you are not being 100% honest with us :) Anyways did you figure it out?

Ruffrider

Feb 2, 2000
Citrus Springs, FL
I found out why I had it set at 233... I remember hitting default settings, which makes everything go to the lowest settings possible... I now have everything running nice and the CPU is @ 333. If i have no problems im upping it to 350. Now I gotta dl all of my UT crap and I'll be back to play... yay! Should be on around 10PM EST.

PS: MY F*CKIN' MODEM STILL DINT COME!

bullet2.gif

AKA {ISV-K}Ruffrider
"My House!"