For those U.S. BuF'ers moving to another country post here

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Sounds tempting, but my GF wins the bid. I was going to move there anyway in a few years. This just seals the deal, but don't worry Worf, Cat_Fuzz, and Sir Brizz, I am only going to be a permanent resident of Japan, so I can still vote in the USA even though I don't pay taxes here.\o/

Don't worry it won't. Since I will only be a permenant resident of Japan, I am still an American Citizen, so I can come and go as I please.:) I only plan to come back to visit family and friends, but I will be casting my ballot to vote, so it's just as good as if I am there.

BillyBadAss looks into his crystal ball and sees himself voting straight Ds again in 2008.:D

<--- Voted straight Ds and is taking his multi thousand dollars in taxes generating ass out of this nazi ran country.

<---- This nigga keeps his promise.

Last edited:

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Not to mention this interesting conversation in the thread. W0RF has some crystal ball or something, especially 4 years out from the 2008 election. :eek:

- viable candidates (hint: try finding one that lies less) (see also: Barack Obama)

Obama is refreshingly enthusiastic, I'll give him that. However, I'm not willing to concede that he is the path to a brighter, better future... After all, he is a Christian, just as Bush claims to be. My personal respect for Christians took a nosedive after I witnessed so many of them supporting Bush. The same Bush that seems to comply with their beliefs only when it is convenient for him to do so.

You and Obama can go ahead and try to fix the system. I'll go ahead and watch from afar. :)

He's no Ted Kennedy, either... and you have to admit there is currently a HUGE chunk of America that simply is not buying what they are selling.

I never said Obama was the fix. I'm not his lackey any more than I am Bush's. The only reason I singled him out is that he is an example of someone who realizes that government is there to serve the people.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
"The only reason I singled him out is that he is an example of someone who realizes that government is there to serve the people."

Until he became President...

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Until he became President...
racist-symbols.jpg

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
<---- This nigga keeps his promise.

How do you become a permanent resident of Japan? I thought foreigners were only allowed there for a few months at a time or something. Also, even being able to live there, I heard it's hard to get things done there as a foreigner, such as getting a decent job and stuff. How did that work out for you? Is it mainly because you're in Tokyo? (even then I heard it's no good) Do you think you would have been able to do it in a small city or town? :eek:

/bombardment of questions

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
How do you become a permanent resident of Japan? I thought foreigners were only allowed there for a few months at a time or something. Also, even being able to live there, I heard it's hard to get things done there as a foreigner, such as getting a decent job and stuff. How did that work out for you? Is it mainly because you're in Tokyo? (even then I heard it's no good) Do you think you would have been able to do it in a small city or town? :eek:

/bombardment of questions

There are many routes you can take to get it. I'm married to a Japanese National. I haven't gotten permanent resident status yet, but I'm eligible for it as of next year. I'm currently hold a spousal visa, but it expires next year, so if they don't give me perm status (unlikely), they will renew it for 5 years into the future.

Assuming you have a visa already and speak Japanese, it's not that hard to find a job. Actually, backend programers can usually find a job without knowing Japanese and they will pay for your visa if you are already here. Japanese usually aren't very good at that stuff. Finding a job here is usually about who you know. If you know somebody at a company they can get you in. That's the easiest way.

A small city or town maybe I could of done it. They are shrinking as everyone is moving to the big cities, so they need people. Hard to say.

You can read a lot about getting a visa here.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2221.html