Take care of yourself healthwise.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.
Don't be like me.
24 with blood pressure issues.
Issues so bad that when you see a doctor for seeing spots, the doctor tells you that you were minutes from a stroke.

You guys are kinda like my internet family.
Just take care of yourselves.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
I feel ya man :( I'm 22 with slightly high blood pressure and it's kind of embarrassing even though I'm not fat. Obviously not as serious as you though :(

Eating right and going for jogs does wonders.

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
Don't be like me.
24 with blood pressure issues.
Issues so bad that when you see a doctor for seeing spots, the doctor tells you that you were minutes from a stroke.

You guys are kinda like my internet family.
Just take care of yourselves.

:(

become a pescetarian... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pescetarian

When it comes to being healthy, you're at a natural disadvantage just by living in the US.

*hug*

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Can't escape heredity and genetics.
well you can always try.

family2.jpg

take care of yourself Dotnet.
consume less sodium!
eat more fruit and veggies!
get that heart rate up for at least 30 mins a day!

don't let me down brother.
someday you still have to show me around DC.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
It still blows my mind each time I see someone younger than me with health issues. I have always expected to have some sort of trouble myself being my own father died at the ripe age of 42. I have already lived on this earth longer than he did. I hear of young athletes having issues too sometimes.

I have been lucky. I smoked way too much for 30+ years. I drank way too much too. I have not exercised since being in the military about 20 years ago. I eat poorly and eat poorly often. I have just recently decided to try to make a change. I have altered my life style almost completely. I think that genetics does have tons to do with it but I think with proper care the issues that may pop up might be avoided entirely or at least delayed for a long time.

You are only 24 so that really bothers me to hear this and I hope you take it to heart to start instantly to take better care of yourself somehow and please do whatever your doctor suggests. I was a Surgical Services Scheduling Manager in a Level 1 Trauma Center here in Houston for several years. I ran 39 operating rooms every day and saw lots of things in that position that would blow some people's minds. The things that bothered me most were when young people suffered from illness that usually only attacked the older folks. Medicine is totally awesome these days even compared to just 10 years back.

Take your meds per your doctor's instructions. Follow any other instructions you are given by him or her. Make it to your follow-up check ups no matter what. If you have to reschedule, reschedule earlier and not later. Always schedule medical procedure to happen the very first thing in morning. Start them no later than 9:00 AM if possible. Just trust me on that last one. Don't overdo anything anymore.

Sorry. Didn't mean to rant. I hope you get to feeling better quickly and I hope they isolate your medical issue and get it taken care of pronto. Peace!

By the way, have you suffered a serious physical trauma since you were a teenager? I think it is odd for a doctor to tell you that you were close to a stroke. Heart attack yes. Stroke no.

Last edited:

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
It still blows my mind each time I see someone younger than me with health issues. I have always expected to have some sort of trouble myself being my own father died at the ripe age of 42. I have already lived on this earth longer than he did. I hear of young athletes having issues too sometimes.

I have been lucky. I smoked way too much for 30+ years. I drank way too much too. I have not exercised since being in the military about 20 years ago. I eat poorly and eat poorly often. I have just recently decided to try to make a change. I have altered my life style almost completely. I think that genetics does have tons to do with it but I think with proper care the issues that may pop up might be avoided entirely or at least delayed for a long time.

You are only 24 so that really bothers me to hear this and I hope you take it to heart to start instantly to take better care of yourself somehow and please do whatever your doctor suggests. I was a Surgical Services Scheduling Manager in a Level 1 Trauma Center here in Houston for several years. I ran 39 operating rooms every day and saw lots of things in that position that would blow some people's minds. The things that bothered me most were when young people suffered from illness that usually only attacked the older folks. Medicine is totally awesome these days even compared to just 10 years back.

Take your meds per your doctor's instructions. Follow any other instructions you are given by him or her. Make it to your follow-up check ups no matter what. If you have to reschedule, reschedule earlier and not later. Always schedule medical procedure to happen the very first thing in morning. Start them no later than 9:00 AM if possible. Just trust me on that last one. Don't overdo anything anymore.

Sorry. Didn't mean to rant. I hope you get to feeling better quickly and I hope they isolate your medical issue and get it taken care of pronto. Peace!

By the way, have you suffered a serious physical trauma since you were a teenager? I think it is odd for a doctor to tell you that you were close to a stroke. Heart attack yes. Stroke no.

You say to do what the doctor says, yet you disagree with the diagnosis?

It's better not to have a lifestyle that should get you on meds in the first place. Meds nearly always have a side effects and too many doctors encourage their patient to use them ...as they get sponsored by big pharmaceutical.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
Stress is also a big factor, but that's not always as easy to deal with.

Ouch, that's not good :(

A friend of mine had a stroke at 35, thankfully it was only a minor one. It can happen to anyone.

Genetics isn't something you can get around, but lifestyle is by far the biggest contributing factor. It may suck, and it may mean a big change in the way you life your life, but it's worth it.

Tooly

Jun 26, 2009
Cracked rib? Wait till they crack open your whole chest. It's not as simple as they make it look and the recovery is not as quick as it seems either.

It's a life changing experience if you live thru the surgery. Something that you will be reminded of every time you look at yourself in the mirror, or look down at the leg where they took all the good veins from.

Don't wait till the last minute people. Get healthy now is the best advice I can give you.