Secret Unreal Cut Character

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
[SCREENSHOT]http://www.unrealtexture.com/Hosted/Leo_T_C_K/rare/WeirdChar.png[/SCREENSHOT]
Who could that be really? this came btw from the old 95-96 leftover recovered models with the "texed" stuff, the skin as well.
Yes this is legit btw.

I think this character was KAAL.

So that's what Epic was hiding all along.

[SCREENSHOT]http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=102137&stc=1&d=1318543356[/SCREENSHOT]

Beyond the darkness, beyond human evolution is KAAAL, a genetically inferior skaarj byproduct of messing with human intelligence and DNA, exiled to a barren planet, banished by a Wraith commander, left for dead....

he has survived...

Last edited:

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
recall the Skaarj Hybrid from UT, a skaarj-human hybrid.

EPIC was making this outworldly game that disconnects anything we know from earth. I can see why various things were cut/modded from the game.
At least for release.

If they ever come up with Unreal 3, it cold get interesting.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I don't know who is that character supposed to be though. If you got the same files as we do that is, the model files were from 1995 while skin files from 1996. Have not read about this character in any of the descriptions must have been discarded early, but he really looks like a madman. Someone even said he looks like Trent Reznor from music video "Closer", lol.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Last edited:

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Looks too unfinished compared to the others to be something that was in the "maybe we can use it" stuff. Perhaps it's a scale model for comparison reference?

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Looks too unfinished compared to the others to be something that was in the "maybe we can use it" stuff. Perhaps it's a scale model for comparison reference?

If it was just scale model, then it would just have blank skin, this seems to be in progress stuff, notice the "goggles" and that, so it was something they were working on but dropped. Maybe it was supposed to be another prisoner or some experiment? who knows

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Maybe, but you'd have to skin it with something. To me it looks like the early version of introdude just because the face is so rough and out of character with the rest of the stuff. That's exactly the sort of thing I'd make to use as a size/location reference if I were building multiple models or an environment.

I wonder if this was posted to Epic that they might discuss it? Surely there are programmers with good memories of working on this stuff and could clue us in? Damn, now I really want to know...

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Maybe, but you'd have to skin it with something. To me it looks like the early version of introdude just because the face is so rough and out of character with the rest of the stuff. That's exactly the sort of thing I'd make to use as a size/location reference if I were building multiple models or an environment.

I wonder if this was posted to Epic that they might discuss it? Surely there are programmers with good memories of working on this stuff and could clue us in? Damn, now I really want to know...

Not necesarily, but anyways, if you look at it, only really few people still work for Epic that worked with them back then. Most have drifted away, from level designers only Cliff and Shane Caudle remained too. And from programmers, Tim and Steve Polge, not sure if anyone else really remained in. Maybe James Schmaltz from DE would know more or Dave Carter(not in DE though), Schmaltz created many early meshes though.

Status
Not open for further replies.