UE3 - UT3 DM-CogWorks

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cooloola

A good samaritan
Dec 31, 2005
Cool, i'll download it now, but i wont have a chance to play it till tomoro, I'll tell you what i think then,
Tomorow has come and gone, yet you have not returned. So what's happened, did you play the map yet?
And to all of you BUers I need your input.

_N_

addicted to mapping
May 23, 2008
Canada
Finally had a chance to play it. A little small, but otherwise a very solid DM map. I couldn't find any glaring or noteworthy issues or bugs. While some might suggest that it doesn't really have anything that makes it particularly unique or memorable, I don't think every map needs to try to stand out from the crowd. There's something to be said for a map simply based on tried and true, well-known and solid DM design principles.

Oh, there was one thing, though. The map seems pretty much complete, so you should probably go ahead and post it in the "Content Releases" section. Actually, you can even post incomplete Beta-Releases there. You're likely to get a lot more feedback too because pretty much only other mappers and modders read this forum, and I'm worried we're a dying breed ;).

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
Tomorow has come and gone, yet you have not returned. So what's happened, did you play the map yet?
And to all of you BUers I need your input.

ye, sorry about that, i havent had alot of time. i got a chance to play it today though, and i cant see any problems, apart from its size, wich, as said above, is a bit to small and the layout is a bit bland, these to factors make the gameplay a bit boring during a long match, i think thats all that needs improving (size (not that immportant obviously, for 1on1) and maybe add an extra floor higher up, for more exiting gameplay) but appart from those to minor details, its a very nice map, i especially like the lighting, and the good use/amount of decoratrive meshes.

welldone:)

PsyXandeR

Aug 5, 2005
W00ting himself on CTF-AllYourW00T
I gave it a shot today, some amazingly great mappage over there. To my taste, it feels a little bit smaller than the original. Visuals are .... leet... everything looks pretty detailed and leet , I love that. Lighting - how about adding 1 more light? It looks a little bit boring atm, how about small red lights?

cooloola

A good samaritan
Dec 31, 2005
I gave it a shot today, some amazingly great mappage over there. To my taste, it feels a little bit smaller than the original. Visuals are .... leet... everything looks pretty detailed and leet , I love that. Lighting - how about adding 1 more light? It looks a little bit boring atm, how about small red lights?
I'll add some small red lights where there's machinery i don't see it fitting anywhere else.