SealedDreadFinal crash problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Aggressor

mutator
Nov 3, 2001
Slovenia
Visit site
I spotted Homeslice's complaints on Nalicity about my map crashing the game. I have already got another report of such problem (UT crashes whn the map is selected in browser) at Atari forums , but it is definitely a rare occasion. I want to solve this problem before this map gets reviewed here, but I can't think of any definite reason. Would simply rebuilding the map again help?

I'd also like to hear of Homeslice's machine specification and any special mods installed.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Didn't crash on my machine: Win98SE, Athlon 1800+, Soyo Dragon+ 266 MB, 512MB DDR RAM, GeF4Ti4400, SBAudigy. Homeslice has had several UT2003 maps and maybe a few UT maps crash on his machine for some unknown reason. He hasn't asked for my or our help in this matter though. We might be able to help him if we know his specs and drivers. Of course, maybe others have had trouble with this particular map.

Homeslice

A mapper not in the zone
Here's what the problem is, if you guys must know. I just don't get it.

UT2003 Build UT2003_Build_[2003-04-07_17.42]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 1702 MHz with 255MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA RIVA TNT2/TNT2 Pro (4109)

Assertion failed: SavedStateIndex+1 < MAX_STATESTACKDEPTH [File: D3DRenderInterface.cpp] [Line: 160]

History: F3DRenderInterface::pushState <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FCameraSceneNode::Render <- UScriptedTexture::execDrawPortal <- (CameraTextureClient DM-SealedDreadFinal.CameraTextureClient0 @ Function Gameplay.CameraTextureClient.RenderTexture : 0060) <- UObject::processEvent <- (CameraTextureClient DM-SealedDreadFinal.CameraTextureClient0, Function Gameplay.CameraTextureClient.RenderTexture) <- UScriptedTexture::Get <- FD3DRenderInterface::HandleCombinedMaterial <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetSimpleMaterial <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetMaterial <- FStaticMeshBatchList::Render <- RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FCameraSceneNode::Render <- UScriptedTexture::execDrawPortal <- (CameraTextureClient DM-SealedDreadFinal.CameraTextureClient0 @ Function Gameplay.CameraTextureClient.RenderTexture : 0060) <- UObject::processEvent <- (CameraTextureClient DM-SealedDreadFinal.CameraTextureClient0, Function Gameplay.CameraTextureClient.RenderTexture) <- UScriptedTexture::Get <- FD3DRenderInterface::HandleCombinedMaterial <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetSimpleMaterial <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetMaterial <- FStaticMeshBatchList::Render <- RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FCameraSceneNode::Render <- UScriptedTexture::execDrawPortal <- (CameraTextureClient DM-SealedDreadFinal.CameraTextureClient0 @ Function Gameplay.CameraTextureClient.RenderTexture : 0060) <- UObject::processEvent <- (CameraTextureClient DM-SealedDreadFinal.CameraTextureClient0, Function Gameplay.CameraTextureClient.RenderTexture) <- UScriptedTexture::Get <- FD3DRenderInterface::HandleCombinedMaterial <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetSimpleMaterial <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetMaterial <- FStaticMeshBatchList::Render <- RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FCameraSceneNode::Render <- UScriptedTexture::execDrawPortal <- (CameraTextureClient DM-SealedDreadFinal.CameraTextureClient0 @ Function Gameplay.CameraTextureClient.RenderTexture : 0060) <- UObject::processEvent <- (CameraTextureClient DM-SealedDreadFinal.CameraTextureClient0, Function Gameplay.CameraTextureClient.RenderTexture) <- UScriptedTexture::Get <- FD3DRenderInterface::HandleCombinedMaterial <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetSimpleMaterial <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetMaterial <- FStaticMeshBatchList::Render <- RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FCameraSceneNode::Render <- UScriptedTexture::execDrawPortal <- (CameraTextureClient DM-SealedDreadFinal.CameraTextureClient0 @ Function Gameplay.CameraTextureClient.RenderTexture : 0060) <- UObject::processEvent <- (CameraTextureClient DM-SealedDreadFinal.CameraTextureClient0, Function Gameplay.CameraTextureClient.RenderTexture) <- UScriptedTexture::Get <- FD3DRenderInterface::HandleCombinedMaterial <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetSimpleMaterial <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetMaterial <- FStaticMeshBatchList::Render <- RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FCameraSceneNode::Render <- UScriptedTexture::execDrawPortal <- (CameraTextureClient DM-SealedDreadFinal.CameraTextureClient0 @ Function Gameplay.CameraTextureClient.RenderTexture : 0060) <- UObject::processEvent <- (CameraTextureClient DM-SealedDreadFinal.CameraTextureClient0, Function Gameplay.CameraTextureClient.RenderTexture) <- UScriptedTexture::Get <- FD3DRenderInterface::HandleCombinedMaterial <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetSimpleMaterial <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetMaterial <- FStaticMeshBatchList::Render <- RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FCameraSceneNode::Render <- UScriptedTexture::execDrawPortal <- (CameraTextureClient DM-SealedDreadFinal.CameraTextureClient0 @ Function Gameplay.CameraTextureClient.RenderTexture : 0060) <- UObject::processEvent <- (CameraTextureClient DM-SealedDreadFinal.CameraTextureClient0, Function Gameplay.CameraTextureClient.RenderTexture) <- UScriptedTexture::Get <- FD3DRenderInterface::HandleCombinedMaterial <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetSimpleMaterial <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetMaterial <- FStaticMeshBatchList::Render <- RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FCameraSce

Aggressor

mutator
Nov 3, 2001
Slovenia
Visit site
WTF?!? This seems like an infinite loop involving CameraTextureClient. This doesn't make any sense, since I didn't make any changes on the camera from ver 1.0, yet this first version runs well for the guy that first complained on Atari forums.

Bah, I'll just try to rebuild it again and see what happens. I spotted a couple of visual glitches that need fixing anyway.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Um, Homeslice? Your problem is you need to double your RAM and get rid of that ancient TNT2 card. Try a Sapphire Radeon9600Pro for $149 at newegg.com! That should solve all your map lockup problems in UT2003 and UT.

Aggressor

mutator
Nov 3, 2001
Slovenia
Visit site
Um, Homeslice? I'm upgrading my machine in the next days and won't be present on the net, so I'd like to set all the "pending" things... I'd really like to know if the newest version causes any problems for you.

Aggressor

mutator
Nov 3, 2001
Slovenia
Visit site
Oh dear... It works for the other guy that complained. Oh well, I'll just have to watch when placing huge amounts of thingies in the map in the future :rolleyes:

I'd be pleased if my review request is updated with this newest version.

BTW, I have Duron@901MHz, 384MB Ram and GeForce2MX. And yes, even opening this map in the editor is a nightmare.

Oh, BTW, is error message the same?

Last edited: