Does anyone play ut99 online anymore?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

recycledsoul

Aug 11, 2011
I cant find a good server with regular maps. it seems like no one plays. is there a private server ppl play on these days? ut99 is much better than the other unreal games
thanks

Skillz

ut-files.com
Nov 29, 2003
www.planetmonsterhunt.com
Yes people still play, but I don't think many play vanilla UT anymore it's usually some variant of CTF such as Siege and bunny tracks. You can still find turbo insta gib ctf as well.

AWW SNACK

Feb 13, 2009
If you want to play vanilla, stick with the bots. They're good enough, especially at higher difficulty levels, and they'll play fun gimmick maps that nobody would want to play today (like Morbias][ and DM-Pyramid) and good default maps that get overlooked.

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
RomainiansNet's TDM Server 89.163.166.14:7778 for regular TDM with stock and some custom maps. Only good TDM server left I'm aware of.

recycledsoul

Aug 11, 2011
Hello everyones thanks for the response
Bots do not have the same gameplay as people
i tried romainains server, but my ping is very high on it
i did find some ok server so far and there are more than i thought

How much does it cost to host a server? do i need my own computer or can i pay someone else to run a server?
thanks

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
Vanilla means it's not modified (aka standard gameplay, maps, weapons).

WHIPperSNAPper

Mar 22, 2003
Visit site
I cant find a good server with regular maps. it seems like no one plays. is there a private server ppl play on these days? ut99 is much better than the other unreal games
thanks

Sadly, if CTF is your game, there's not much regular weapons action left. There is a group of old UT friends that gets together on Friday and Saturday nights (around as 10-11 pm U.S. Eastern time) at this server for "Frag Friday". They also get on a Teamspeak voice comm:

You can monitor activity on some regular weapons CTF server at this page I made:

http://whippersnapper.unrealmaps.net/Servers.html

There's also a group of STEAM players who get together sometimes. This guy Big Speck has a nice little community going. His problem is that he hosts games on his own personal computer and doesn't have a dedicated server for the community. I've been trying to convince them to start playing on that one server above or on The Late Bar server:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/specksunreal

There's also regular weapons CTF action on private PUG match servers. A PUG (pickup game) is where people get together in an IRC server and draft-pick teams for an organized best-of-3-maps 5v5 match which plays and feels like a clan match. However, these people are all heavy duty pros and might not be real receptive to lesser-skilled players:

IRC Server: irc.GlobalGamers.net

Channel: #mlut

Also try #latinopug which might be a little more casual albeit in Spanish.

There are a number of PUG matches every night last I checked.

Last edited:

calguer

Nov 14, 2011
thanks
I completely agree with you recycledsoul, UT99 is the very BEST !!!! And I still want to play it online !!!!! hope I can !!!!

Pileyrei

Mar 4, 2008
Wheer are you located?

I can give you lots of UK based servers.
No fun if you connecting from the US OR India

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
We should all be thankful that there are still so many UT99 servers running, even though the population is low.

I bought UT3 for the XBox in the cafe I hang out in (it is a games cafe) and usually have to host my own CTF or vehicle based game, as the few players out there seem to just play deathmatch.
If I want DM, I play the old UT99.

BigSpeck

Aug 1, 2011
My server has all stock gametypes and maps enabled, low gravity and instagib are votable.

We've played every stock map tons of times.