Dreamcast maps?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I got 'em already, but I have no idea what you said before. Anyone have an answer to my Unreal Editor question?

I meant that there is version of Wander and the old ones, the ones by Wander are only avaiable in this thread, that is just what I meant.

Anyway the maps inthis pack are mostly RA converted maps with placed pickups, and based on what I saw in the video, that castle map had different scale originally on DC and also there was no statue but amplifier on its place.
Anyway as for Wander's problem, he can try upload current map and see if anyone can get it to work.

Wander

kittens give Morbo gas
Aug 11, 2008
Anyway as for Wander's problem, he can try upload current map and see if anyone can get it to work.
Yes, thank you, I'll attach Stormfront to this post. I'd be very grateful if someone could find a way to fix it. Now, if the map would seem to be lost it wouldn't be a disaster since its quite easy to build thanks to its straightforward geometry. But fixing the problem would save a lot of time.

Should you get it working, I wouldn't bother playing it, because the map hasn't got a bot network yet. That, a preview screenshot and three more sound effects are needed for this map to be completely finished.

I'll start work on probably Sepulchre now. That map is going to be the last easy one; I've been looking at the other remaining ones (Phalanx, Canyon Fear and Sundial), and damn, those guys are not going to be a cakewalk. I'll be more careful this time around and continously create backups of the work in progress so that these problems won't repeat anymore.

Attachments

• CTF-Stormfront.rar
    120.4 KB · Views: 81

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I am afraid the stormfront is really broken....I opened the map through UTPT and all it shows is: None

It doesn't have any infromation than that none, I have no idea how the hell that happened. Perhaps you saved something wrong as the mylevel or dunno, well there is no mylevel at all in the package, all there is is None....
Note that also the level size is way too weird to be proper map, it is just a blank file(although kinda big for a blank file on other side), I am sorry. Perhaps fault in auto save or the save itself, something strange has happened and corrupted the file. There is no way how to make this work, I am sorry.

I dunno, perhaps somehow renaming back all those hundreds of nones on the level would help but hell, I have no idea wehre to begin with, I mean possibly hex editing (which wouldn't work even if I knew original name table of this i mean exactly the order of the brushes items and all of that and other data) it or something like that and changing the none to brush1, brush2 etc or the items, but hell, I have no idea of the order and all that, it is just too crazy to get it back from this state.

EDIT: Disregard what I said, I shouldn't have trusted UTPT in this....the map file still contains the refrences so wth.

EDIT2: According to zeurkous, you should try get (or someone willing to fix it) the format spec.

Well I will post it here:
[01:05]<zeurkous> okay, the only thing I have to say w/o further information
[01:05]<zeurkous> is that 1) there's data, as you noticed
[01:06]<zeurkous> 2) you'll want to grab the format spec and find the location
of the export table, or the way of calculating that
location, then navigate there and see what remains
[01:06]<zeurkous> 3) someone should get off his/her/it's ass and write decent
tools in the UNIX fashion so that we can all have a stab at
it instead of the person with a hex editor w/ copy/paste and
a *lot* of patience
[01:07]<zeurkous> and 4) even if you write a piece of ****, release the source
[01:07]<zeurkous> don't be a dick about it
[01:07]<zeurkous> at the very least, usually, it's an example of how *not* to
do things :^)

Last edited:

Wander

kittens give Morbo gas
Aug 11, 2008
Progress.

About fixing the format spec, fixing that is something I'm completely unfamiliar with so I'm not going into that. I just dug up an old version of Stormfront and it has a half-finished flag base in it, but the scaling is correct so I'm rebuilding from there on.

Attachments

• Sepulchre001.bmp
    960.1 KB · Views: 67
  • Sepulchre002.bmp
    960.1 KB · Views: 57
  • Sepulchre003.bmp
    960.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
These pics say Sepulchre...
Anyway...I posted that if someone is able to correct it, it is fixable still, but someone will have to do that.

Wander

kittens give Morbo gas
Aug 11, 2008
Yeah, there're pictures of Sepulchre there because I didn't feel like working on Stormfront AGAIN right after it got "lost", for the lack of a better term, so I began work on other stuff, like the formerly mentioned map, and also trying my hand at Sundial (which is by the way a humongously difficult map to build).

Yeah, Sepulchre was one of my CTF favorites as well, and it has also been by far the most fun level to recreate. Actually it's the first time I kinda feel sad that I finished it.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
the rest of the DC/PS2 maps?

OK, I'm back to playing UT maps again. I installed a bunch more, so I'll be trying out a bunch more. This should be my last major addition to my UT maps collection though; once it goes over 1,000 then it's a good time to stop if you can.;)

Let's take this DC/PS2 maps thing from the top. First, I found this thread, then I downloaded the ConsoleBonusPack from ut-files and installed those maps. I found CTF-Spirito in this thread and downloaded it, then different versions of DM-Coagulate and DM-Flux and downloaded them. Then I missed the DM-BlockParty download earlier, so I did that. I then installed these last 4 maps and then the PS2 versions zipped with in the Console..Pack zip. So that takes care of the Pack and these extra 4 maps. Actually, the new versions of Coagulate and Flux will be installed later or the name converted in the editor to try later.

Here's a list of the remaining maps I don't have (based on list in Liandri Archives):
CTF-Phalanx
CTF-Sepulchre
CTF-Stormfront
CTF-Sundial
DM-CanyonFear
DM-Megaplex
DM-Singularity
DM-StationControl
DOM-Coagulate
DOM-Hood
DOM-Osiris

I have some questions:
1. Wander, it seems you have more different versions of some of these maps that aren't linked in this thread. Namely, DM-Brickyard, DM-Core, DM-Hood, DM-Loathing, DM-Sorayama and DOM-Osiris. Is this correct according to one of your previous posts? If so, where can we download them?

2. Wander, I noticed you're working on a few maps right now. Have you or anyone else completed any of these yet?

3. Anyone run across any maps I noticed not ported and done yet? Links? Thank you.

Wander

kittens give Morbo gas
Aug 11, 2008
Here's to clear everything up, SkaarjMaster:

1. Yes, I have different versions of the maps you mentioned, one version who was built by drunkenobi, if I remember correctly. These maps can be found in the BU Fileworks, that's where I got them from. The other version of the maps were built by me based around this guy's work to make corrections to various issues (ranging from scaling errors to incorrect textures). I have NOT released them as a download yet because I wish to release them all at once in a cohesive package.

2. Yes, I'm working on the maps that came exclusively with the PS2 versions. I'm the only one on this project. Most of the maps are finished now but progress has been unfavorable due to real life situations.

3. Nope.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Thanks for the info. Here's what else I found out or would like to know:

1. The PS2 versions of DM-Brickyard, DM-Core, DM-Hood, DM-Loathing and DM-Sorayama are already in the Console Bonus Pack zip, so I already have these (the ps2 downloads are also at BU fileworks). I can't find DOM-Osiris at BU Fileworks and the DM versions there aren't the same or even with a convenient "change the map name" to convert feature.:)

4. I was wondering why CTF-Extortion, DM-Ablee, DOM-Ablee, DM-Melnori and DOM-Melnori are included in the Console Bonus Pack. Anyone have any ideas on this? Thank you.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
There's no available DOM-Osiris around. Aren't those other maps the DavidM ones that never actually appeared in the console games?

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Yeah, they were released in a separate pack and mind you, most of other conversions are just the RA map pieces thrown together (in fact only renamed from the RA DM pack), which is not accurate since RA didn't have any inventory placement and also had a statue here and there etc.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
OK, so there are 11 maps we don't have or don't have working yet from that list I gave earlier. I found a CTF-Phalanx and a DM-Singularity at Fileworks, but those are old versions and just named the same. I should be getting around to playing these maps soon, but I have a long list of new UT map downloads.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Anyone know the original authors of these maps?
CTF-Spirito
CTF-Stormfront
CTF-Sundial
(actually original authors of any of the original DC/PS2 maps, seems the only links that work in Liandri Archives are for Phalanx and Sepulchre).

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Well, since I got myself into this mess, here it goes:
CTF-Phalanx >> Akuma
CTF-Sepulchre >> Akuma
CTF-Spirito >>> XceptOne
CTF-Stormfront >> Dave Ewing
CTF-Sundial >> ???
DM-Babylon >> Akuma
DM-BlockParty >> Inoxx
DM-Brickyard >> CliffyB
DM-CanyonFear >> XceptOne
DM-Coagulate >> Warren Marshall
DM-ColdSteelPressure >> Akuma
DM-Core >> Dave Ewing
DM-Damnation >> Ebolt
DM-Depot >> Ebolt
DM-Dust >> CliffyB
DM-Flux >> Xcept One
DM-GearBox >> CliffyB
DM-Girder >> CliffyB
DM-Google >> CliffyB
DM-Halberd >> Warren Marshall
DM-Hood >> Inoxx
DM-Industrial >> Warren Marshall (not to be confused with a custom map of same name)
DM-Infernal >> Ebolt
DM-Instinct >> Ebolt
DM-Loathing >> Warren Marshall
DM-Megaplex >> Inoxx
DM-Nebula >> Warren Marshall
DM-NeoTokyo >> Akuma
DM-Outskirts >> Warren Marshall
DM-Paladin >> CliffyB
DM-Pantheon >> Warren Marshall
DM-Sector9 >> Akuma
DM-Singularity >> Inoxx
DM-Sorayama >> Talisman
DM-StationControl >> Inoxx
DM-Underlord >> Akuma
DOM-Coagulate >> Warren Marshall
DOM-Hood >> Inoxx
DOM-Osiris >> Dave Ewing

Anyone that knows for sure the ??? one, let me know and I'll modify the above list. I'm not sure if access to the Liandri Archives links would work or not (I think someone changed the Archives recently;)). See Ya!

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
It got the old version of the unofficial Flux, watch out.

Yes, I just tried the DM-Flux in the Console Map Pack and it doesn't even run. It says,"Failed launching URL Can't find file for package 'Flux' ". This usually means it's looking for a UTX file that wasn't included, but it could mean music as well. Oh well, I guess I'll just use the other Flux version.:)

CTF-Stormfront also says,"Failed launching URL Failed to find object 'Level None.MyLevel'. Not sure what that's all about but it may have something to do with Wander not being done.:)

My next post will involve all the rest of the console maps I have installed (mostly from the Console Bonus Pack).

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
mini reviews of maps

Just a quick review of each map and author is whatever appears in map preview whether it's the original map or not (most are from the Console Bonus Pack):
- CTF-Extortion (DavidM) >> nice small CTF, very playable, very long and not much z-axis
- DM-Ablee (DavidM) >> nice little DM but gets boring quick
- DM-Babylon (Akuma) >> great sky and mountains with the new S3TC tex files, music fits, very small and Morbias-like, strange flow
- DM-Brickyard (CliffyB and DrunKenobi) >> f-ed up warehouse with strange ramps, interesting, plain, decent gameplay; CliffyB (original PS2) version has easier bots.
- DM-Coagulate (DrunKenobi) >> file dated 7-14-08 (older PS2 dated 4-29-01); gothic, tight and crazy gameplay, colors similar throughout, very good bots.
- DM-Coagulate (EpicGames, Wander?) >> file dated 10-24-08; same as above but with some areas colored differently and purple skybox (both are good).
- DM-Coagulate (Warren Marshall) >> file dated 7-2-11; same as above but no purple skybox (hard to decide which one to keep installed).
- DM-Cold-Steel-Pressure (Akuma) >> crazy fast gameplay, too much biorifle, nice z-axis
- DM-Core (DrunKenobi) >> file dated 7-14-08 (older PS2 dated 5-2-01) just plain ol' bad design and not fun, ramps a little off; greenish, small vertical arena with rocket launcher and enforcer mostly but shock, minigun and pulse rifle also.
- DM-Core (Dave Ewing) >> file dated 7-2-11; same as above.
- DM-Damnation (Ebolt) >> ramps, z-axis, interesting item placement, tight but also open a bit, nice blood splatters
- DM-Depot (Ebolt) >> ramp warehouse map with lots of z-axis, bots cheat
- DM-Dust (CliffyB) >> wide-open arena lift map, interesting wall/floor texture choices
- DM-Gearbox (CliffyB) >> arena with ramps and lifts, like the red light lift indicators, shock rifle or minigun should be added to 2nd floor
- DM-Girder (CliffyB) >> strange collection of textures in warehouse, I don't think greenish-gray lockers go well, Udamage seems just out of reach without xloc
- DM-Google (CliffyB) >> interesting and fun small Liandri-type arena map, needs one more weapon
- DM-Halberd (Warren Marshall) >> sky looks like hell, nice tight gothic castle with open courtyard, needs different music
- DM-Hood (DrunKenobi) >> file dated 7-14-08 (older PS2 dated 4-21-01);city buildings/alley/etc. (The Hood), good weapon placement and fun; liked the yellow and aqua windows, stairwells and graffiti; this version seems better for some reason.
- DM-Hood (Inoxx) >> filed dated 7-2-11; same as above.
- DM-Industrial (Warren Marshall) >> not as tight as it seems, tight factory/storage area, mostly ramps for levels access, good music choice
- DM-Infernal (Ebolt) >> blue base, needs more color, good music choice again, no one snipes not even me
- DM-Instinct (Ebolt) >> good gameplay but corridors hardly used, strange and different lighting/colors, tight hallways, big central area, some z-axis
- DM-Loathing (DrunKenobi) >> file dated 7-14-08 (older PS2 dated 4-20-01); strange charcoal ceilings in parts, billboards, Udamage at deadend so watch out, nice trim, needs different music, minigun dominates
- DM-Loathing (Warren Marshall) >> file dated 7-2-11; same as above, except darker (like other version slightly better)
- DM-Melnori (DavidM) >> too much minigun again, tight ramps, old building looks like it was redone a few times, I would replace rocket launcher with the pulse rifle
- DM-Nebula (Warren Marshall) >> interesting spaceship/space base with all kinds of details, nice atmosphere music and gameplay
- DM-Neo-Tokyo (Akuma) >> top part looks good but just for show and can't even get on that one ledge with the xloc, just a small arena in a pretty city
- DM-Outskirts (Warren Marshall) >> sky looks like hell again just like Halberd, dark city with lots to explore and die
- DM-Paladin (CliffyB) >> small castle-type arena, needs trim or something else I'm not sure of, needs at least one hitscan weapon, wide-open top part is cool
- DM-Pantheon (Warren Marshall) >> must be the f-ed up Aztec version of the Pantheon, very colorful and tight but not as tight as the first glance, bots camp
- DM-Sector-9 (Akuma) >> not a very friendly warehouse, nice two-tone walls, decent gameplay
- DM-Sorayama (DrunKenobi) >> file dated 7-14-08 (older PS2 dated 4-26-01); small space arena with basement which can be unfriendly, not as fun as I originally thought, good music choice
- DM-Sorayama (Talisman) >> file dated 7-2-11; same as above except only two levels and seems darker and no preview shot
- DM-Underlord (Akuma) >> sky and mountains look great but you need to fly to see them, unfriendly cave with ramp system works, rocket launcher should be farther out slightly
- DOM-Ablee (DavidM) >> map is a lot more exciting as 4-player DOM
- DOM-Coagulate (Warren Marshall) >> gothic, tight and crazy gameplay especially as DOM, some areas colored differently, very good bots.
- DOM-Hood (Inoxx) >> original PS2 map; file dated 7-2-11;city buildings/alley/etc. (The Hood), good weapon placement and fun; liked the yellow and aqua windows, stairwells and graffiti; definitely more fun as DOM map for some odd reason (also add U4E weapons for even more fun).
- DOM-Melnori (DavidM) >> another exciting DOM with 4 players
- CTF-Spirito (XceptOne and Cyberia Mix/Master D.) >> nice smallish CTF but you better know where you're going first; the original PS2 map version is similar, but the Master D version looks better, sounds better and the bots are better.
- DM-Flux (XceptOne, ported by Jeroen Van Sweeveldt (Wander?),9-14-08) >> just an OK map and not that exciting at all (yellowish); ok, well, there were huge distances between weapons and pickups with not much to look at......maybe more pickups or more trim and other stuff would help; I have no idea what the original was like but that's what I think; 7-13-08 version gives error and has no preview screen.
- DM-Flux2 (XceptOne) >> from original PS2 maps; more green, seems bots are the same with same music.
- DM-BlockParty (KJ, original by Inoxx) >> I believe this one needs Rocket Arena to run but not quit sure, nice sky and cityscape, just don't like this one, hard to see whole map and just not fun

That's all folks!!!

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
These were all taken basically from the fan made rocketarena maps with weapons, in fatc they are the same, he just took the parts of the rocketarena and added in the wepaons and then someone renamed the maps and placed them in the bonuspack.
And these maps by DavidM are the unreleased ones which he made for PS2, but he was late with them as there was confusion about a closing date, so he didn't sell them out.