Problems with Playerstarts (Spawnpoints)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JoRaeL^

Dec 18, 2005
Hello guys. I'm making a remake of the 'famous' map CTF-Drunklet-PRO2, but I've got a problem with the spawns. Some spawnpoints work properly, but most of them are being used by both teams, while the team is set correctly.

Download the map: http://www.surreal-gaming.com/jorael/CTF-Drunklet-JOR_RC5.zip

Please respond as soon as possible; you would help the UT2004 Instagib community with it!

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
After rebuilding the paths I found several PlayerStarts either unusable, embedded into geometry or too close to other navigation points. Also the PlayerStarts were unbalanced Team1 had 9 and Team0 only 7.
I pulled the PlayerStarts into usable locations and added 2 Team0 PS's to balance the map. After a Build All, no errors and the problem seemed to go away. I watched it for a few games and all seems well, though when I first opened your map I did observe the problem you stated. Most likely because you did not rebuild and save before playing after changing the Team numbers.
Anyways, HERE is the "fixed" version I tweaked. What you do with it is up to you. I've deleted the copy off my HD.