Legally protected if I so choose to be blasphemous.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Firefly

United Kingdom is not a country.
no

RoboCop-on-the-cross.jpg

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
Stop saying that, lol. I don't know the original quote, but the way it's quoted here it has nothing at all to do with Greek gods but with the god of the Jews/Christians/Muslims. In this case, probably the Jewish god, but it applies to all of them, so who cares.
It can't apply to Greek gods a) because it's singular but without a name. Which god would he be referring to? b) no Greek god was said to be omnipotent. Quite the opposite, in fact. c) no Greek god was willing to do good for goodness' sake. Some cared about certain things and punished and rewarded according to how people behaved around these things and of course hybris had to be punished, but other than that they were lying sacks just like us humans.:)

By taking it out context and viewing from a modern perspective it creates the illusion they desire, that the quote was about the Jewish god. It really couldn't have been and it wasn't uncommon for Greeks to worship their more regional god rather then all the gods of Greece in general. And the Greeks viewed there gods as being all powerful after a sense. That they behaved badly didn't define what they could do but what they wanted to do.

If the religious establishment can twist quotes (from their own book no less) then so can we. :)
But should you? Obviously they shouldn't, they claim the moral high-ground, but then pull constant BS like that.

Probably your best weapon as an atheist is the hypocrisy of lots of religious people with their "wah I'm not smart enough to come up with a concrete objection so I'll just concoct some sensational propaganda-ish lies and send them in a chain letter through the do-good-er network." but if you stoop to the same levels that shoots any credibility advantage you would have out of the water.

Firefly

United Kingdom is not a country.
[GU]elmur_fud;2533207 said:
By taking it out context and viewing from a modern perspective it creates the illusion they desire, that the quote was about the Jewish god. It really couldn't have been and it wasn't uncommon for Greeks to worship their more regional god rather then all the gods of Greece in general. And the Greeks viewed there gods as being all powerful after a sense. That they behaved badly didn't define what they could do but what they wanted to do.

But should you? Obviously they shouldn't, they claim the moral high-ground, but then pull constant BS like that.

Probably your best weapon as an atheist is the hypocrisy of lots of religious people with their "wah I'm not smart enough to come up with a concrete objection so I'll just concoct some sensational propaganda-ish lies and send them in a chain letter through the do-good-er network." but if you stoop to the same levels that shoots any credibility advantage you would have out of the water.

I was just making a point. :) totaly agree though

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
[GU]elmur_fud;2533139 said:
Nobody said organization had to mean an entity. It is a shared belief allowing you to be catagorized as atheists. As such it is a organization. Verb not noun. :p

Yet how are we organized at all? Just because we have similar thoughts we are organized which makes us a organization?

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
somehow I doubt it :eek:

I don't, most atheists I know don't have an irrational hatred for organized religion. Given there are certain potential fiscal benefits to such an organization I can easily... wait 1 sec... google... yup already happened http://firstchurchofatheism.com/

One last attempt to save this thread. ...
If they don't save the thread then nothing will.
I don't personally find Asians attractive, so those pics are very butterface to me.

Find a shapely blond haired, blue eyed, freckled girl with double D's and ample hips/ass then you have my attention. Basicly give Shakira a boob job.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
I like girly. It is said that if you like cute go to japan but if you want beautiful go else where.
There are plenty of shaved ones btw (i know one personally;))

google is your freind

Ah yes, Japan, the home of pedobear.

pedobearcolpisceancorab.jpg