Playtest Dm-sabbathbloodysabbath

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Markie

Oct 19, 2001
Well you've made a new area in your map, but it doesn't improve the gameplay really. The architecture in this area is nice, lucifix, but the tunnels and the rooms are way too big... and it has only one exit. More exits and entries in the two large rooms and in this new area would improve the gameplay, making this new area a bit smaller would improve the gameplay too.
Lighting looks better in some places, it's still missing a visible lightsource here and there though. The lava and the hallways to the large rooms are still too dark and the room with the pulse gun looks too bright now in my opinion.
The bots get stuck at the stairs in the room with the minigun, you should follow a bot in spectator mode to see if they get stuck anywhere, move the pathnodes around in those areas and check again in spectator mode till it's fixed.
The movers still have an ambient sound while they're not moving, like I said before, you can fix that by going to the 'Properties' of the movers, then to 'Sound' and clear the 'AmbientSound' there. It will only remove the sound they make when they're not moving, they will still make a sound when they open and close.

lucifix

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by Markie
Well you've made a new area in your map, but it doesn't improve the gameplay really. The architecture in this area is nice, lucifix, but the tunnels and the rooms are way too big... and it has only one exit. More exits and entries in the two large rooms and in this new area would improve the gameplay, making this new area a bit smaller would improve the gameplay too.
Lighting looks better in some places, it's still missing a visible lightsource here and there though. The lava and the hallways to the large rooms are still too dark and the room with the pulse gun looks too bright now in my opinion.
The bots get stuck at the stairs in the room with the minigun, you should follow a bot in spectator mode to see if they get stuck anywhere, move the pathnodes around in those areas and check again in spectator mode till it's fixed.
The movers still have an ambient sound while they're not moving, like I said before, you can fix that by going to the 'Properties' of the movers, then to 'Sound' and clear the 'AmbientSound' there. It will only remove the sound they make when they're not moving, they will still make a sound when they open and close.

Yea the room with the pulse gun is WAY to bright. Right now I cant remember the room with the minigun, I just woke up, lol. I had no idea the movers were making a sound while they werent moving, I'll fix it. And I'm still working with the bots. They seem to get stuck in weird places. So the new area needs another exit? Would that help the gameplay? At first I didnt like playing the map but after i added the new area I do.......

And I'm sure you can tell that I still need to do a lot more work :)

Thanx for the feedback!

Markie

Oct 19, 2001
Yep at least one more exit/entry would help, when you enter this area now you can only walk around and go through the same portal again. Maybe two portals at opposite ends would do; you could connect the two big rooms this way.
It was also a bit too big, the shapes and all were nice but it was all a bit too large. It makes the map boring when it takes so long to walk through a tunnel.
Try to check in game how large something is after you've build a part of an area.

It's best to wait for more feedback though, you shouldn't change your map based on one opinion...

Markie

Oct 19, 2001
Yea that would be cool, but if you're only gonna have 2 teleporters it would be best to have them at opposite ends.
Maybe a teleporter that can be used as both an exit and entry is better but I'm not sure about that.
I liked the skull yes, I forgot to mention it! :eek:
It looks pretty good.

quitgrin1

Demon Like
Jul 31, 2000
Nowhere
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by Balton.de
isnt it sunday bloody sunday???

POP ALERT :D

"Sunday Bloody Sunday" is a song by that group U2 .. sucks hard...

"SABBATH BLOODY SABBATH" is a song by the first (and best, until now) heavy metal group ever to be heard, BLACK SABBATH

Good name for your map, lucifx :)

lucifix

Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
I've done some more work on it and took Markie's advice on some things. I had 5 "FIVE" goddamn HOM errors to fix.....damn I hate those. I will do a little more work and post it here for download tomorrow.........

:instagib:

aeternus

Machine Slave
Sep 22, 2001
switzerland
Visit site
Originally posted by GringoLoco

POP ALERT :D

"Sunday Bloody Sunday" is a song by that group U2 .. sucks hard...

"SABBATH BLOODY SABBATH" is a song by the first (and best, until now) heavy metal group ever to be heard, BLACK SABBATH

Good name for your map, lucifx :)

true! ...and OZZY is God!

now playing-> OZZY OSBOURNE - black illusion

lucifix

Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
Ok, here is the near final version. I have fixed and changed a lot of stuff. Please try it out and let me know if you find anything wrong or if you have any ideas on how to improve it.

I appreciate all the people that have tested this map and your names WILL be included in the final read me file, thanx :)

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
duh! y0 satanbois are soo hard. shall i envy you for this? saying this sux hard but this is cool is sooo.... n00bish. I should post my map in rogress here to impress you : )