DVD Owners

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZoMbiE

Feb 18, 2000
Visit site
I was messin around today and came up with this.

I wanted to take a screen capture of a scene while the dvd was playing so I hit the print screen button. I opened up mspaint and pasted the image on it.

It pasted the image alright. It posted the animated image being produced by the dvd played :)

I paused the dvd, saved the image, closed paint, reopened it and loaded the image.
I pushed play again and the image continued on...

Kinda funny ;)

No real use since its just a black screen when the dvd isnt playing.

[BuF]Wacky

Mar 24, 2000
Glasgow, UK
imperialconflict.iscool.net
Yeah I get that too. I first noticed it with QuickTime applications. The DVD pictures have the same effect. I was a little gutted 'cause I was wanting some Starship Troopers wallpaper :(

It must be some copyright feature built into the disks or applications ... right?

Anyone know a way around it???

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Printscreen doesnt work. There is, however, a little trick I discovered but you need Paint Shop Pro. Go to your capture menu in PSP and you can set any key as a hot key that will take an image of the screen. Contact me @ l_s4pres@hotmail.com if you need to know where you can find PSP(legit copy of course *cough* err yeah).

bullet2.gif

"Set it, and forget it." Ron Popeil, genius inventor