Battle Scars and ER Trips (Again!)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
E

el Gato|PuF

I made an ER intern pass out when getting the 42 stitches in my hand. The doctors had to apply a tourniquet to stop the bleeding, clean the wound (full of trail grit), and stitch internally. (the slice was very deep). When ne released the pressure of the tourniquet, which was put on just beneath my shoulder, my arm flooded with blood, changing it from a ghostly white to bright red. But when it hit my cut, black blood came out. REAL nasty, de-oxygenated, super dark blood. I thought it was cool, as did most of the other on-lookers. But this one intern took a header, went right down. Hehe.

Bounca

Unemployed Loser
Jan 18, 2000
Visit site
I got bit by a rat once.

My friends pet rat who we thought was friendly was being held in my right hand and I was petting it with my left. Well Joey (the rats name) didn't like that and layed into me. Puncture right through the web area between the thumb and fore finger. Nearly went right through at 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep. I never thought we would get the bleeding stopped, but we did screw the stitches. I was hoping to get Hepatitis or something crazy like that from it, but no such luck :)

CHRYSt

You can't help that. We're all mad here.
Jan 14, 2000
www.crawlspaceradio.com
You sure it's not Romulan green?
Or maybe Klingon pink.

bullet2.gif

If it doesn't move, climb it. Or, if it moves real slow, that's OK too. Like old people.

Sky

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
StoneDogg1, Where on the Gulf Coast of Florida? I live in Pensacola. We are having more shark attacks than normal this year. One just bit a chunk out of a guys diving platform on his boat when he saw a shark going for some swimmers. Those bull sharks don't play.

StoneDogg1

Apr 12, 2000
Pittsburgh,Pa USA
nada
I was 15 & we were visiting my aunt down in Ft. Myers (sp?). My folks were planning this huge Disney thing & it was the second day we were in state. Everyone decided to go "to the beach" so whatever beach is about 15 minutes from there. I think it was Myers Beach. Needless to say, I still haven't gotten to Disney. But when I DO get back down there to take my 7 year old boy, I don't think we'll hit the beach.

Don't get me wrong, I still love swimming in the ocean. I just do it in a little colder waters now, like Ocean City, MD.