UE3 - UT3 Problem with Decals

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MualamaAlien

Giggity Giggity
Mar 1, 2009
Earth
When i place decals in my level, in this case the blood decals with UT3, at a close distance and a seemingly random angle they glitch. The decal seems to dissapear halfway, like a line, or something, look at the picture.

ut32009041213473225.jpg

ut32009041213473554.jpg

asdfdssda.jpg

Does anyone know how to fix this?

_N_

addicted to mapping
May 23, 2008
Canada
I've had this exact same issues with decals and found no simple solution :'(.

One thing I did notice though is that the issue seems to be much more noticeable the larger the decal is. You could try going for a bunch of smaller overlapping blood-splatters instead of 1 big one maybe.

If the blood splatter is pretty much only on 1 static mesh though, you could perhaps create a copy of the mesh's material and apply the blood splatter onto the material directly. This would also be a performance boost over the relatively expensive decal technique.

MualamaAlien

Giggity Giggity
Mar 1, 2009
Earth
Why would it work for them?

How come Epic Games used the same blood decal in Shaft and it worked flawlessly? That's what i can't figure out.