Volunteer to be the XMP night host!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
For the past 8 weeks, we've been having Wednesday XMP nights, and it gets better every time! See the whole history so far:
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=178666
Part of the success is the simple fact that someone is in the server, and not being lame ;) Here's what the host needs to do:
  1. be there at 8pm EST, sharp!
  2. take some screenshots at match end
  3. stay there until the server is empty
  4. report back on the forum (see that original thread)
The idea is a) you encourage playing XMP by being there and b) gather public interest by recording and reporting what happened.

If someone can take the responsibility and really commit to it, that'd be awesome! Even if a few of you (incl me) can rotate or split the job that'd do.

Now the next one will be in September, and I expect to get a lot of school work. I will still be there and try to do as much as I can (while having fun!). Prolly I won't be able to play all nite. Worst come to worst if I really have to study I might spec the thing afk until it ends.

If you ask "why don't we just let it run randomly" the answer is "then everyone comes at a different time and eventually no game."

So for the <3 of XMP, help by being the XMP night host!

Mar 6, 2004
I can easily do it, pretty easy. Tell me how you get the screenshot thing, i have no idea how to do that.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
Yay :cheers:

Thanks Killer! I was hoping you'd take it :) Just posted this thread so people know what is going on.

To save you the trouble, I wrote a "tutorial" to stick the screenies together in Paint. (While getting distracted by some Ayumi mtv lol...) Hope it's not an overkill, and helpful to anyone who likes to post lots of screenshots on the forum.

With Killer as host (ho the host...), I would try to book myself for 2 hrs on Wed, from 8 pm to 10 pm EST, for XMP... unless I can't schedule school work around that. So I hope I'll make it!

Oh, and anyone else who is interested can still do part of the host's job: be there on time, and report some happenings during Wed! :)

Attachments

• Combining screenshots.pdf
    746.7 KB · Views: 8

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
Hey Killer, I forgot another thing I usually do before Wednesday night. Just the nite before, I check the server that we'll play on, making sure it's working, what new maps are there etc. Then post a reminder in the forum, saying what server and what time we'll be there.

I'll do that tonite, but I hope in the future you can do that as well. Sometimes it seems no one is reading it because there is no replies, but you never know. The idea is that it won't hurt to send more reminders, and it gives confidence to the players that there will be a game tomorrow night.