How do I make an UTX file?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Salty{Nutz}]

Mar 15, 2000
Orlando, FL, USA
You can create a UTX file by running UnrealEd, use the texture editor and import your textures (I seem to find that even though it says you can import BMP's, the created utx file doesn't seem to work in the game. I use the pcx format). You will see them all there in the browser, then choose save. Make sure you name the individual textures according to the way they are read by the Unreal engine (you can get that info from Shane Caudle's webpage -complete tutorial, very informative). Save and name the utx file as the model you want them applied to, underscore, then the name of your skin. (ie:"SoldierSkins_KemosabieSkin.utx". Remember if you are running these on a server you have to add the skin pack to your System folder's "UnrealTournament.ini" file. You add "ServerPackages=SoldierSkins_KemosabieSkin" with the rest of the ServerPackages for skins or modifiers.

Good Luck!