FF7 PC Re-release but..... WTFH?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
http://finalfantasyviipc.com/en

So SE has finally decided they can re-release the PC version of the game with a few new features and make some major bucks with it. I don't disagree, but this is pathetic...

Cost: $12 (currently on sale for $10).
DRM: SecuROM with activation limits and an always online component
Downloaded From: Digital River

Digital River? Lord God Sanic..... Yes, this means you can pay extra to be able to download the game for 30 days or pray to sanic that you never lose your download.

In other words, by buying this game you are supporting two of the most horrible companies to scourge PC gaming.

PSA: Don't buy this...

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
I never played FF7 but I always had it on my to play list. Some time ago I was looking for a second hand copy and after some searching I gave up because the game turned into a collectors item that goes for absurd amounts of money if all you want to do is playing an old game. So when the first announcement about a digital re-release came up I was quite happy.

With all the news that came out about the game, this is the last piece that breaks the camel's back. It went from a game I wanted to pay for play to a game I wouldn't even take for free.

I'm sure a bunch of dumb managers get a big fat bonus for this, too.
Congrats.

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
The PC version isn't even worth it anymore. This isn't the age where we can happily add ram to our AWE32/64 for the best FF7 PC experience.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The PC version isn't even worth it anymore. This isn't the age where we can happily add ram to our AWE32/64 for the best FF7 PC experience.
It's pretty worth it. There are dozens of mods that clean up the graphics, switch the music for the PSX version's music, streamline and enhance the menu system, allow higher resolutions, make it work on modern versions of Windows.

And none of them are this POS in gold clothing.

MrMaddog

Flak Monkey
Jul 13, 2002
Parts Unknown
(Watched actual gameplay videos)

Oh yea, they took the old PC port with the crappy MIDI music, kept the old graphics and added lame achivements. (First Battle Won, really?)

No thanks, I rather mess around with a PSX emulator...

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
(Watched actual gameplay videos)

Oh yea, they took the old PC port with the crappy MIDI music, kept the old graphics and added lame achivements. (First Battle Won, really?)

No thanks, I rather mess around with a PSX emulator...

That is pretty fucking pathetic and just downright lazy. And people will soak it up in droves. Sheeple man, freaking sheeple.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
It's pretty worth it. There are dozens of mods that clean up the graphics, switch the music for the PSX version's music, streamline and enhance the menu system, allow higher resolutions, make it work on modern versions of Windows.

And none of them are this POS in gold clothing.

Yep. And FFVII isn't that hard to acquire on the internets.