UT3 Bonus Pack 1 RELEASED!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The first bonus pack for Unreal Tournament 3 has been released today! The pack contains three maps, remakes of DM-Morbias and CTF-Face as well as a new map, CTF-Searchlight.
This Bonus Pack includes 3 new maps. Morbias is the deathmatch arena that started it all, perfectly suited for anything from small intense duels to chaotic free-for-all matches. The Unreal Tournament classic, Facing Worlds was one of the most played maps in gaming history. This beloved sniper map makes its return alongside an intricate new capture the flag map, Searchlight, designed for both z-axis rooftop runs and strategic indoor gameplay. Returning classics and fresh new designs let you experience Unreal gaming like never before.
Grab it from BeyondUnreal Fileworks (160 MB exe)!

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
This kinda came out of nowhere lol

Small, but i'll take what I can get :D

Be glad you have more official NormalCTF maps now :D

Last edited:

evilmrfrank

Banned
Apr 22, 2005
Florida, US
www.evilmrfrank.com
Looked through the maps real quick.

CTF-SearchLigh is by far my favorite :) It is another necris map, or at least uses a lot of necris stuff but really doesn't feel like the UT3 necris and really fits into another category. I really like the night time feel the map gives and I really like the fog and the ship off in the background. The statue that looks like death is pretty sweet too! It really seems to have good gameplay as well.

CTF-FacingWorlds suprised me that they chose the asian theme for it. It was made really well in my opinion and I really like how its no longer a floating thing in space and the base of the level actually goes to something now. The scaling and everything is pretty good and it feels like it might be a much faster version than the ones in the past :)

DM-Morbias wasn't really anything too special but it never really was before to me either. For what it is its an overall good map and well made. I really do like the new theme it is placed in this time around :)

My favorite thing about the new maps as I'm sure is true with a lot of people is that the maps look great but are still very simple. The maps should give you better performance than the other UT3 maps as well by the looks of how simple they are. A small simple and flawless Bonus Pack. :)

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I already played all of them with bots.

Morbias plays just like the version in UT1 and the one made by Fueg. Compared to the latter one, there's more eye candy, the scale is a bit bigger and the Vortex Rikers sounds come into play when the Reedemer in the middle is going to appear.
It uses the Mech8 Remix.

FacingWorlds isn't set anymore in space. Now the asteroid floats over a asian place, corrupted by the Necris (this time, there's news: no more green rings in the sky, but light blue ones :p).
Very similar to the UT1's version. Bots like to spam the place with Sniper bullets and their accuracy is pretty great. The big change is the presence of a Helm behind the tower (near your starting point), which may be useful against snipers.
It uses the Foregone remix (the stinger sounds are similar to the Xan's voices from UT1), finally.

Searchlight looks pretty cool and greeny. There are some connectivity issues and it can be confusing. The Shield Belt is put on a platform over a rotating floor which I don't get its use... maybe for making yourself quicker to pass the large room in which the wheel is in it.
There are a lot of ways to go in the blue base, like going over the rooftop (bots use it too).
Uses the same track of Heatray/Sandstorm.

It looks like they forgot to put a screenshot, player count and description for the three maps. You can still see the descriptions when you're installing the pack.

Diego1203

Jan 10, 2004
Does this pack install any new packages or add any new assets to existing packages?

I'd like to try them out but I'm afraid that if I do then I might accidentally use some new content in my mod that not everyone has, which would be a problem for ps3 for sure.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The levels are also available for PS3.

Haha, those idiots don't check BU. We had it up before the first post and front page news at exactly 12:00 EDT.

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
It looks like they forgot to put a screenshot, player count and description for the three maps. You can still see the descriptions when you're installing the pack.
They just can't do the interface part right... :p Face is awesome anyway (FC-bots use the roofs to get out of the base through the sniper zone! :D). Haven't played Searchlight yet but looks cool... :tup:

Deapblade

Jul 15, 2004
Face - Woo! \0/
Morbius - It's a joke, right?
Searchlight - ?
Only three maps - :(
OMG, how can you not love Morbius? That and Face where two of my favourite vanilla maps in UT and UT2k4. I actually wondered why they did not put Morbius, Face and those kinds of maps in the retail release. It seemed to me allot of people liked those. It doesn't matter now though, I need some frags in those maps A.S.A.P.!

EDIT:
Ah, I mixed Morbias with Morpheus. Morbias ain't bad though. It is really old school, which UT3 needed.

Last edited:

os][ris

May 10, 2006
Face - Woo! \0/
Morbius - It's a joke, right?
Searchlight - ?
Only three maps - :(

Only three? they are all free. Be lucky you don't game on a 360 and have to pay for it :).

I can't wait to play face. I would spend hours pub'ing face in ut99 and it never got old.

The only thing i don't "get" is why they remade morbiuas. Pretty much nobody played it, least from what I remember.

Last edited:

Retodon8

Sheep happens!
Jan 21, 2004
Netherlands
retodon8.net
Cool!
I was actually expecting an unexpected bonus pack somewhere along the way, since we hadn't heard anything about something like that.
Hmmm, I suppose it'd be cheating to say I expected this. :)

So... downloading now...