PSYTEX

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Snipez

Insane Poster!
Apr 15, 2003
Visit site
Blegh, those debates were kind of silly. I won't comment further since I don't even remember a time when EAS was played in the last 5 years.

Note also that some of the perceived flaws of EAS were considered remedied via DTAS, notably by DTAS players. Also that many players will play TDM and probably enjoy it to some extent, despite stating a preference for DTAS. So really I never saw it as EAS/DTAS vs. TDM. And sheesh the rate at which EAS died man that was pretty quick guys.

Ocsi88

Jul 20, 2009
Hello!

The sh.exe is very unstable in Win7, and I always spent some minutes to start INF with PsyTex (abnormal program termination). ;(

I tried compatibility, etc, but it didn't work.

Now i use KSH from the "Subsystem for UNIX apps" and i made a .sh a .bat file for it.

Here you are, if you have problem with sh.exe.

Attachments

• PsyTex_ksh.zip
    786 bytes · Views: 5
Last edited:
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I see what I did there, making the hard accessible INF even harder to access. Sorry about that.

I enjoyed it as long as it lasted though. Best times on Stinkmarder's server! Won't forget.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
I was only joking about dividing. Hehe i guess you guys know that.

Talking about dividing communities, blame TDM.

EAS had some great missions though. I remember some really tense matches back in the days. For me personally DTAS was the better of the two because it would work with any map and spawnlocations were random. I always liked to play on big maps but most people prefered small / TDM -ish maps.

TDM was always the matchkiller. TDM minded people never felt the need to proceed with caution but choose to rush run&gun. DTAS is a territorial team game that doesn't work when played in a TDM mindset.

No idea what i'm on about here btw.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Just to throw in my 2 cents, I think neither TDM nor COOP did any community dividing, they just appeal to different player types and, perhaps most important, have a lower needed ammount of players than DTAS/EAS.

When I started playing Inf online there were just a few servers left - most of them TDM - with a large enough community to get nice matches about three times a week, plus the occasional DTAS (or more seldom EAS) event. The more people stopped playinf Inf, the less often DTAS occured, frankly because some of the TDM people didn't want to play DTAS and you need at least 6 people to play DTAS. In comparison you can play TDM with about four people and still have some fun - so IMO TDM was more played because it needed less players to be fun; when more peolpe joined there was sometimes a chaneg to DTAS but more and more often people just stayed on TDM.

Then along came COOP and wasn't overly popular except for a hardcore crowd; I started to play COOP primarily to pass time and wait until some people joined to play TDM - after all COOP can be played alone, and still provide a bit of fun. With the community shrinking further I started to play more COOP, since TDM with one or two others isn't something I consider fun, but COOP with one or two others is. Nowadays I play COOP nearly exclusively since at the times I play TDM servers are empty 99.9%, plus I started to prefer COOP for some reasons over TDM - the main one being that it can be played alone.

From my point of view with a shrinking community it was logical DTAS "died" first in favor of TDM because TDM needed less people to play. Now the same happens with TDM with COOP being the most played gamemode since it can be played with the least ammount of players.

I personally probably will continue to play Inf until the last server gets shut down, since I enjoyed all gametypes I ever played - EAS, DTAS, TDM and COOP.

And Psy: you didn't make Inf any less accessible than it was before Psytex - the one thing you did introduce was severe COOP troubles due to serverpackages though :D

EDIT: I just joined XploD COOP and found I forgot to say one more thing to you Psy: THANKS FOR THE ARGENTINIA DPM CAMO, IT ROCKS!

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
EDIT: I just joined XploD COOP and found I forgot to say one more thing to you Psy: THANKS FOR THE ARGENTINIA DPM CAMO, IT ROCKS!
You're welcome. Funny how I actually wanted to drop that camo, but put it still in because done is done.

@Zeep:
I'm building me a computer, "if" that plan works out as desired we can play ArmA2:OA then. I probably won't get ArmA2 (for now), because it never really appealed to me and I want to buy other games (TR: Underworld, AVP, Crysis, etc), and because ArmA":OA is standalone and I prefer the setting so much more.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I think it's time to finally fix the Psytex installation issue that many deal with.

I decided to have a simple installer (only an .exe to download). This installer simply patches the original files, including WP1.5 and installs the new camos and faces. No Launch icon, or .ini manipulation will be required.

That way not only clients will have less problems, but also server admins to set up their servers without spending to much time to get it to work.

I can eventually have a second version, with the files in a .zip, for those who for whatever reason want to install Psytex manually as a mod, keeping the original Infiltration files intact (imo unnecessary anyway, as Psytex became an unofficially official expansion/patch). That would include making a new Installer and creating a psytex Infiltration.ini. But as said, I think this is not necessary anymore.

So the question is; who can make an installer like this? I will see if I can do, but if not, then I need someone capable.
I'd even appreciate if the Sentry Studios guys could upload it and serve a download link on their main page.

So the installation procedure would be like this:
- Infiltration 2.9
- Bonus Pack
- TBT Mappack
- Weapon Pack 1.5
- Community Edition 2.9
- Weapon Pack 1.6
- Psytex 1.2 Full

Launch game and enjoy.

However, it would be best, if Crowze would make a new CE version, with the Weapon Pack 1.5 and 1.6 and Psytex included.

That way the installation would go like this:
- Infiltration 2.9
- Bonus Pack
- TBT Mappack
- Community Edition 2010

Guys, we need to fix INF, so that old/new players can have an easy re/start. I see that a new CE might take time (if at all), but for now a Psytex.exe would be a solution.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I made an Installer of 133MB which should patch Infiltration to Psytex1.2. There still will be a way to save the original files and install Psytex as a mod, but requires some file manipulation (is easy though).

I will make a download link and post it.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Psytex 1.2 can now be downloaded as a single file installer (see cerberon.net).

Thanks to soultaker007 for the fast download link! :tup:

You can choose to patch INF to psytex 1.2, or install psytex as a mod (keeps original files, but you have to manually change some files).

I don't know how it works on the Mac and Linux. Those who use these operating systems gotta try it.