Crashsite unused replication station

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
There is this unused health replicator at crashsite2, there is respawninghealth in it (in the geometry actually), but it has wrong collision, however if you set the collision higher it will act like health station, always giving you more health to refill in the marine fight. It's a neat trick, wonder why it wasn't used.

Attachments

• firsaid.jpg
    firsaid.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Btw ingame try "set respawninghealth collisionradius 50" to see how it works. Or you can try 40, should work too.

Also in Crashsite I found the other day where is castle1 used, it is at the railway in the mine section as I said here:

http://forums.epicgames.com/showpost.php?p=27777036&postcount=10

It is at those brushes, unseen by player becaue it is where the railway touches, so only if you move one single rail away and rebuild then you will see it.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Why do I remember this health replicator working in RTNP?

Not sure, maybe you confused it with those other health stations with glass which make the health fall down when you shoot it. I will upload a version of roland's rtnp conversion crashsite maps when those health breakups still work(so they will not be hanging in the air) and also scoutpad is added.

Or maybe you played beta once or something..

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Well I could think of one issue, the marines could go there and pickup it and be healed constantly with it, so that is maybe why, or it was just left like that with Worch forgetting about it....given that they had very little time finishing stuff up it is possible.

I know there are quite a few weird things in Upak that didn't seem to have much purpose in RTNP. And also some scripted scenes that were left unfinished (Nali with the arrows in his back). Hell, they even forgot about the storyline halfway through it, why not a health pack?

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Or, the bugs in the beta map conversions by David Kelvin (Nivlek).

He forgot to convert many brushes to solids, becasue beta handled them differently as I talked about the issue many times in past. Simply subtracted brushes cannot cut detail things in them, but in beta it was used a lot that way, many additional detail and things. We fixed those things in the rtnp conversion with roland though. Also there were chest decorations across place with set mesh to woodenbox, only in final the mesh is called woodenboxm, so the map has no mesh assigned to them, making them appear invisible unless its fixes or you use command set woodenbox mesh woodenboxm I believe. That is in Foundry and Toxic (at the beginning only though).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.