The necris story

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Ph34r my big mouth ;)

If you happy and you're PooPy

The end of this thread.. so unreal :)
And to think I felt like closing the thread back on page 2 :D
lol!

Peavey

Rattus Norvegicus
Jul 17, 2001
Originally posted by NeoNite
:hmm:
Nah this one is too big...

What if would do things this way:

Each time I post in the story thread, I post in the discussion thread like this:

Posted part x
and then you can comment on that part until I post another part

:D I know I'm probably sounding making things complicated here?
But Lafnboy, c'mon this thing is a mess :)
You and the other loyal readers know where to find the story parts, but new readers don't..
ANd maybe they don't feel like going through all these pages, digging up the story parts? :-I see what I mean?

Btw: Who's in favour of moving this thread to the classics fo?
Please vote yes :D

My vote is for YES of the Republican Party:D BTW, the "Posted Part x" sounds like a good idea.

Zenda

Turbo Adept+10%
Jan 31, 2001
London
Visit site
Business first:

1: Go for next story thread and discussion thread being linked to your sig. That's a great way of anchoring. And if discipline is lost and it doesnt work ... well so be it.

I like the rambling juxtaposition of thread and comments .... not to mention the way that this story thread has had it's internal Off Topic operating. For me, this thread has been a special home from home, within that home on the web called PuF.

The feeling of being surrounded by the job in hand [your story] and related work[comments, suggestions, time and motion] gives a special flavour and context to the more personal elements.

Neo .. you and your GF as part of the world in which you were getting the story together. Phoenix and the computer not working, me and making various hints and mentions of that song - part of my way of being in this thread for the last few weeks included sidelong references to it .... er, didn't I take the liberty of doing the first posting of my lyrics here?!!!:D!! ... I'd've never done a thread, I wanted you guys to see it but I didn't want to air it all over the place that early in the production. [shout]AND I FELT SAFE HERE[/shout]. Most recently, Laffnboy and his intense mission to get the guitar that he actually wanted.

And I also entirely agree with the point about needing to make it accessible to new readers. That's why I'm fully supporting the idea of the separate discussion thread. With links in your sig [BTW, if you want to modify your sig image or to add another one, then just upload as attatchment and I'll do my bit]

2: PuF Classic?
I vote YES

And away from business ... well I have a few immediate impressions:

Neo, you have kept going with determination and doggedness to create not one story, and not one story plus a small extra story, but to complete two well-developed and full size works. Inexorably developing in style, creativity, characterisation, lyricism and plot.

Your appreciation for the support that your loyal readers have given is well recieved.
And in my opinion that loyalty has been well earned by you as you have consistently applied your talent, your skills, your spirit.

[At the moment I feel like we are at a dinner in honor of your acheivements and that this is the bit where we have had the starters and the main course. We just about managed the pudding and though the cheese and biscuits are on the table, we're too bloated to touch them, but some fine drink is at our elbow and we sip as we stand up and make speeches - as I write, I'm putting away a glass of spanish brandy]

And as you begin to draw this thread to a close then I say you have been have been a kind, generous and hospitable host to all who have entered. I value that.
And as you usher us to the door so that you can turn out the lights and lock up, then at this moment when we look back at the journey so far travelled. I am humbled.

And I thank you form the bottom of my heart.

Mohamz

Super SAIYA-JIN
Oct 10, 2000
Earth!
Visit site
Voting YES here to move it to the PuF Classics!

No really this thread is special!

And I think the idea of two threads is the best, you're right: newcomers in da club:)D) will have it hard to find the parts.
The best way is to have links to both threads in your sig, so we are all with you Neo!

Big thank you to you Neo for these great stories and to all the others for supporting him...

Mohamz

Super SAIYA-JIN
Oct 10, 2000
Earth!
Visit site
Just one more thing:
Neo, you should lock the next story thread. This will keep people from posting in it. When you want to add a part just unlock it add your part then lock it again! ;)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
tnx Mohamz for your support :D
I sure hope the mods consider even moving it to the classics ..
well we'll see.. Anyway.. it's been one hell of a ride :D

!

See, Technoarcher pmed me and he has this really interesting idea: (why didn't I think of that? :D)

Anyway, I had an idea that would help people with your story thread quite a bit. What if you simply posted the story in another color? As long as people keep their comments in the form of white text for the most part, it should be okay. Also, it'll make it easier for latecomers to pick out the story from the thread.

See? Now, I think that might work as well?
I don't know.. I'll think about it..

Either Technoarcher's idea (which could really work out well)
Or the two threads.

Ok, I guess this is it.
I'll post both stories as attachment in zips later today.

So.. :-I

[At the moment I feel like we are at a dinner in honor of your acheivements and that this is the bit where we have had the starters and the main course. We just about managed the pudding and though the cheese and biscuits are on the table, we're too bloated to touch them, but some fine drink is at our elbow and we sip as we stand up and make speeches - as I write, I'm putting away a glass of spanish brandy]

Well said Zenda :) I like it.
I think I have to agree on what phoenix said about you..
You're a big support to all us "writer-types" on Puf :D

Hm...
Never had any support like this on another forum...
Puf rocks I guess. :)

Zenda

Turbo Adept+10%
Jan 31, 2001
London
Visit site
/me slaps own forehead with heel of hand

Of course ... different coloured text. This was the convention that got adopted in Phoenix's thread [I'm not sure but I think it could have been Gabriel aka G who put this one forward back there then]. I remember liking it at the time and since then have often gone into green text when I have gone slightly to one side of whatever topic I'm contributing to.

IMO it'd certainly retain unity of culture in the thread without confusing newcomers

And thanks for your kind words ...

I agree, this is a special community ...

We are very fortunate:)

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
Wohoo! I got the first copies of them! Now I'll actually be able to read them all from start to finish. This is quite a feat you've accomplished, NeoNite.

BTW, I'll be taking some advice from Mohamz later today and setting up a story thread of my own in OT. Hey, it'll really keep my creative juices flowing and it'll give me a reason to start frequenting OT. Mohamz and Tobler1 said good things about the first three chapters, so I'm going to go for it. I've been working on an organization scheme to help me out.

My story is going to be good, but I'm going to have to work hard for it to measure up to this!

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
This is no contest techno ;) we all post our stories here in Ot, so others can enjoy reading them..
eh.. :D

I've dled your story "the golden paradox" Will read the first chapters!

I wonder how many hours I've spend working on both these stories though.. :)

Let's see..

Ns: 15 parts

Nali skins: 18 parts:

hm..

Maybe 70-80 hours? :D

_Zd_Phoenix_

Queen of BuFdom
May 1, 2001
Over the street. With binoculars.
Visit site
Originally posted by TechnoArcher
(I suffer from low self-esteem at times, so go easy on me. :eek: )

No need to worry, it was a really good opening, you should be proud. I think from that you should be able to build up a really good story thread.

And Neo is right, there are plenty of people out there to support you, so keep goin with it.

(never feel that you have to rush it tho :))

good luck ;)

Peavey

Rattus Norvegicus
Jul 17, 2001
Originally posted by Zenda
At the moment I feel like we are at a dinner in honor of your acheivements and that this is the bit where we have had the starters and the main course. We just about managed the pudding and though the cheese and biscuits are on the table, we're too bloated to touch them, but some fine drink is at our elbow and we sip as we stand up and make speeches - as I write, I'm putting away a glass of spanish brandy
DAMN!! Very well said, Zenda. I couldnt have said it any better myself.
Originally posted by NeoNite
I wonder how many hours I've spend working on both these stories though.. :)

Let's see..

Ns: 15 parts

Nali skins: 18 parts:

hm..

Maybe 70-80 hours? :D
suuuuure, i believe you :p :D knowing you, NeoNite, i would say it took about an hour :)

_Zd_Phoenix_

Queen of BuFdom
May 1, 2001
Over the street. With binoculars.
Visit site
This is it. The penultamate post before Neo locks this for good, hopefully to be moved to the classics forums with a little persistance from me...

This thread has been a little part of PuF history, a great story, coupled along with some great people around it.

Neo:

Always eager to carry on the story, never leaving us waiting and yet still able to keep the brilliant twists and turns of each chapter going. He invented some truely great charactersm like (the very subtle ;)) Neoknight and of course George the Skarjj, a character that has certainly chamges the way I see those freaky unreal lizard things : )
Hissin' Visse was my favourate though, a brutal and one sided character to begin with, ending up by caring for a pet (even if she did skin the Nali :rolleyes: ) And of course, who can forget the evisceration knife, a no.1 Christmas best seller to come I think :D

Thx for letting us experience the madness that is you mind Neo, I know we all enjoyed it, even if we will all be in psychiatric care for months to come :)

Zenda:

Although the forum is becoming a bit of a 'praise Zenda' sort of place right now, he needs to be mentioned again. He has offered kind and intelligent comments all throughout this thread and others too, gaining a huge amount of respect from those who read his words :) As Neo said to me just now - "he's the type of guy a writer can dream of I guess :D" and I agree with that completely.
I don;t know if Zenda understands how much help he has been, but hopefully by now I am starting to drum it into his head.

Lafnboy and Mohamz:

It's been great having you two in here as well, as im sure Neo will agree, you added to this thread loads, and created a sort of community in a community feel. I hope to see you about the other story threads in future, they wouldn't be the same without ya :D

Course there were loads of others who went into making this a CLASSIC THREAD (small hint to certain moderators :)) like Synastren, jolt, pineconeboy etc...too many to mention all, but they all made this a great thread.

You've been a great thread Necris story, but it's time to say au revoir :)

Cya :)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
The end

So, that's it...
The end of a huge storythread.

First I would like to thank all of you (again yes I know :)..)
The loyal fanbase, everyone who has had a good time reading through these 2 Necris stories..

What can I say? I never expected it to turn into something this big.
I.. still don't know what to say :)

This has been a fantastic experience, a wild ride :D

And I can guarantee all of you, the next story thread will blow you away :)

See you then..
Better be there!

The end.

Status
Not open for further replies.