Aida - Bítch or Lady?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
I know FPS games are a men's world and sex sells. But ... Legend, was that really necessary? Why does Aida have to dress like a cheap street h00ker? It's such a blatant attempt to copy Lara Croft, it's not even funny any more. :rolleyes:

I'm not a moralist or something. Nothing against seksi women. Hey, I'm a man after all. :D But a classy woman doesn't need a décolleté like that to be attractive. I'd rather like my intel officer to be a strong personality and kick some ass than to show around her b(.Y.)bies. Just for example: Trinity was damn hot in The Matrix, and she didn't look like a tart.

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
but then again, they had a reason to put trinity in such a costume, her 'load' wouldn't really go with the slomo action, so they had to 'tie' em up :p

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
Ravenus,
sure we want our heroes to be good-lookin', because we want to identify ourselves with them. But being good lookin' and dressing like a h0 is two different stories.

Stryker,
Carrie-Anne Moss ain't exactly "flat", but she isn't Dolly Buster either. The Wachowskis didn't have to "tie her up". If they would have wanted, they could have presented her much more sexy. But that wouldn't have suited with the spirit of the movie. So they didn't, which is one of the many reasons why the movie is such a great piece of art. And I think the same goes for Unreal 2. Sometimes less is more.

<- cliX0r

I'd like to see Aida change dress during the game. When she's on duty as an officer on the bridge she should wear a uniform (a tight one, certainly ;)). On missions on the ground a combat suit. When she's off duty she could be wearing something *cough* ... "casual" ...*cough*, if you know what I mean. :D

Last edited:

tobler1

Aug 27, 2001
London, UK
www.geocities.com
In the Matrix I kinda liked 'Switch' more, whe was the blonde one right?, but I'm weird like that...
Aida's not a bitch, she's more of one of those new age taking control of their lives women, a 'don't call me chick', chick.
It's a shame she looks like a hooker though, perhaps she might wear different clothes at different points in a game, all the characters should do that, you never really see it in action games...

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
L, hmm i dunno, can't really tell in that black leather she's wearing
got any n00dy pictures :p

StormHammer

Storminator
I also think Aida is wearing too little. I'd prefer to see her in a jumpsuit-type thing, like the Ripley character in Alien. A female character can be just as attractive without showing off bum and cleavage. Look at how Mara Jade was portrayed in the Jedi Knight expansion Mysteries Of The Sith.

I guess I'd prefer practicality above aesthetics, but then I'm not a teenager going through a hormone explosion. ;)

Akuma

Deacon Massif
Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
I can't wait for the 1000000000001 user 'nude' skins that'll be availible for her within weeks of the game's release. Really, I can't.

For what it's worth (not much) I agree she's not really dressed like an Intelligence officer - she looks like she's stepped out of a Rodney Matthews 80's sci-fi Babescape :)

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Originally posted by @kuma
I can't wait for the 1000000000001 user 'nude' skins that'll be availible for her within weeks of the game's release. Really, I can't.

For what it's worth (not much) I agree she's not really dressed like an Intelligence officer - she looks like she's stepped out of a Rodney Matthews 80's sci-fi Babescape :)

lol... agreed. :D

Sometimes less is really more

ravenus

The Heretic
Oct 7, 2000
India
Visit site
sure we want our heroes to be good-lookin', because we want to identify ourselves with them. But being good lookin' and dressing like a h0 is two different stories.

Ummm, don't particularly think of the Quake guy or any of the male characters in unreal as good-looking and I certainly did not identify with THEM, hey i'm my own man. The fact is the entire FPS industry has been based on such stereotypes and its only now that things are branching out.
But I do agree that aida needn't look so come-hither.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
ok...
here's why:
cause OTHER people might NOT have seen it ok? THERE are probably thousands out there who ...
Don't make a ****in problem out of this.
Swedix's avatar only show's a part of the pic, and here I was trying to show the entire Aida.

Sorry for my enthousiasm; I'm not a geek who surfs the net for every piece of little info he can get his meathooks on.

Status
Not open for further replies.