Mark Rein "Excited for Unreal Tournament Comeback"

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
WOAH! HOLD ON HERE GUISE!!!11 WAIT

Look at the numbers. UE4 mention and a UT1 image.

4 - 1 = 3

Unreal Tournament 3 remake confirmed.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
There is an example game in the UE4 dev tools that would need barely any tweaking. That's not an accomplishment. It should worry you that it took them weeks to release that.

This, unfortunately. Their 'pre-alpha' is the example first person game with a small subset of slightly tweaked example weapons. They have a very long way to go, but their forum thread is already full of bickering :/

It takes a long time to make a game, and there are some heavy technical hurdles they haven't even looked at yet.

sneh

-
Apr 11, 2008
www.grozmo.com
I have all the remakes / weapons for UT3, don't see why this couldn't be put together again for the new engine. It would definitely be better!

Ripper
ogrM4kk.jpg

Deathmatch
SaBUbJR.jpg

CTF
3D8fgfL.jpg

AlteredForms

Apr 9, 2014
United Kingdom
Deck, Facing Worlds and Torlan.

I can understand Deck being there, but Facing Worlds has been done and done again. I know how any Unreal game can't be complete without it, but there's so many times you can remake such a map.

As for Torlan, I remember that as an onslaught map in UT2004, and have had some great matches on it. It's still going apparently, as are some of the other maps.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
This news definitely has me stoked XD I wonder if the pics of UT1 in the twitter post hint at it having something to do with UT1 :B

I certainly hope so. At this point, a UT remake might be just the thing as long as it is done right. I'm certainly excited about it and I doubt I could hit the side of a Nali Cow barn with my ShockRifle anymore.

I can understand Deck being there, but Facing Worlds has been done and done again. I know how any Unreal game can't be complete without it, but there's so many times you can remake such a map.

Facing Worlds is just one of those maps that is going to get in the game officially or unofficially. It's ridiculously simple, yet so entertaining.

Hellkeeper

Soulless Automaton
Feb 16, 2014
France
hellkeeper.net
Yeah, Unreal without Face lacks something, and I don't even like Face that much. Any UT game needs at least an incarnation of it, even an altered one (not too much though). One of UT3's main problem at launch was not having it ;)

And yes, made by Cédric Fiorentino.

Numb51

Feb 3, 2008
I could have started 5 minutes ago and have a playable alpha. There is an example game in the UE4 dev tools that would need barely any tweaking. That's not an accomplishment. It should worry you that it took them weeks to release that.

Development for Open Tournament is going to be dang slow. There is no way to sugar coat it. They don't have a full time development team. The other problem with it is simply that the UT community is way too schizophrenic to come up with a well balanced game with good gameplay. Been there, done that.

We didn't use the shootergame template. We started from scratch so we could make our own weapon system that would allow anyone to easily make new weapons via blueprint extremely easily. We did this because we had the modding community in mind for the future. Obviously if we used that template we would have progressed further, but the programming leader thought it would be best to start from scratch.

Development is slow because most of us are young and started the project when university finals were right around the corner. What took weeks to develop could have been done in 3-4 days with complete focus.

Besides, at least we were trying to do something instead of just picking our asses and smelling our fingers. That's why this community is the way it is. No one will step up and try to change things. I'm not content with having no new UT game for 6 years, especially after Tim said they had no plans to make a new ut we figured we might try and do something, just for fun.

Now that they announced that they are resurrecting it, we couldn't be happier. We hope they follow the model we planned and make a solid core with a few example ctf/dm maps. Essentially a demo's worth of content with mod-ability.