Duke Nukem' 4E applicability for INF?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
G

Planetureal has posted screenshots from Duke Nukem Forever, which is using the Unreal engine and it looks great. The real world textures caught my eye, and they too are excellent.

As I am getting a PC in several days, I had questions/comments. I mainly wanted to point DN4E quality out to others who would be interested.

Is there an ability to use these textures?
What is a good tutorial for map making, specifically real world maps? I know there's another forum for mapping, but I had to go straight to the source.

Thanks All
Coffey"The CoffeyCan man can"Can

G

I've used Klingon Honor Guard textures for Unreal. It works.
It should also work with Duke Nukm 4ever, if they don't make real changes. There should be the same folders as in Unreal (System, Maps, Textures etc.) You should be able to use them.

Making maps realistic is not an easy thing. I've tried it some times (not really, I just modified some maps). I'm sure it should help if you just take a closer look at some realistic maps. You can also use their realistic textures. A tip: go to Nali City and download dmterrorist3 (it'd be even better if it wasn't for Serpentine). This one is full of little items, cans, boxes etc.
So, my suggestion: learning by seeing and doing then.

G

I forgot:
If you don't want to make everybody consider you as a *bad one* :E I suggest you only post topics concerning Infiltration.

G

Word on that. I think that it is tangental, but it relates to Infiltration in that there are a number of people that have asked about textures and want real world textures and examples of them. But I don't want to be seen as bad by posting off topic.

Thanks for your help, and advice!
CoffeyCan

B

Billdog

UnEd tutorials.
The right textures are HARD to get. Get a texture artists as friend or collect textures.

Now go map something for Infiltration.

[This message has been edited by Billdog (edited 11-02-1999).]