Format

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DJO3

Jan 14, 2004
Greetings from New Zealand!

could you tell me if Neocairo is available in a zipped or stuffed format?

exe is not much good to me as I am on a Macintosh.

Kind regards,

DJO:) :)

SandRock

Team Orbit
Nov 24, 2003
NeoCairo Temples
NeoCairo 5.2 is for UnrealTournament 99, the download is indeed a .exe, unfortunatly it doesn't seem like theres a .zip available at the moment. Maybe somebody could zip it for you, i would but my upload speed has a max of 60kb/s, so it would take awhile to send it to you :/

DJO3

Jan 14, 2004
Could I?

Hi Sandrock, many thanks for your speedy reply ;)

The mod data base listed it as a mod for UT 2004, strange...

If l have Virtual PC, could l d/load an an exe file extract the contents and use them on my mac?

Cheers,

SandRock

Team Orbit
Nov 24, 2003
NeoCairo Temples
DJO said:
Hi Sandrock, many thanks for your speedy reply ;)

The mod data base listed it as a mod for UT 2004, strange...

If l have Virtual PC, could l d/load an an exe file extract the contents and use them on my mac?

Cheers,

If it is indeed possible to extract files from an exe file then it should be possible. Because all the .exe does is basically extract your files like winzip would do with a .zip. But i dont have much expirience with this.

What mod data base listed this as ut2004 btw? So I can see if it can be corrected.
Because theres currently being worked on a UT2004 version. However the release that is available on the website is the old UT99 version.
So to clear some things up and not get it confused

the OLD RELEASE of NeoCairo available on this website for download = UT99
They are still developing the UT2004 version for NeoCairo

DJO3

Jan 14, 2004
Clarified

Hi again !

thank you for setting me straight on that.

might try the exe extraction thing too.

See ya:) :)

DJO

SandRock

Team Orbit
Nov 24, 2003
NeoCairo Temples
DJO said:
the url for that site:

http://moddb.com/

bye,

DJO:) :) :)

Ah right, there are two profiles on moddb i think. An old profile for Neocairo for UT99. And the new profile i manage, for UT2004. The download on this website is for UT99. The game IS UT2004 though hehe. Hope that virtual pc thing works for you if you have UT99. Sorry for the confusion =)

DJO3

Jan 14, 2004
Progress Report

Hi Sandrock!

well I downloaded NeoCairo for UT 99, l opened the exe in VPC, it looked for the UT Folder as you would expect, it just made a folder and extracted all the files to there. Then l simply dragged the NeoCairofolders onto my mac and manually installed into my UT 99.
Unfortunately NeoCairo does not show up as an available gametype and I can't launch it with the windows dedicated launcher.
Still, it was worth a try and it has showed me one of getting at exe files.

Cheers,

SandRock

Team Orbit
Nov 24, 2003
NeoCairo Temples
I believe you can run a mod by putting an extra line to the command property of the UT exe. Im not sure if this was with ut99 or with ut2004. But it would be something like "../unrealtournament/system/unrealtournament.exe -neocairo.ini"
Im not sure of it though, might have to look it up on google to be sure :/

There use to be a Mac Launcher, but the game is 6 years old, the MOD something like 4 years, so its probably lost in the endless stretches of time :/

Last edited:

DJO3

Jan 14, 2004
Yo

Im afraid that lm not exactly sure which file you are referring to, lf l knew more accurately, l would give it a go. My skills at fiddling with code are very basic but l am always up for a challenge.

Yes indeed a Mac Launcher for NeoCairo was put together by Team Orbit, back in January 2002! only 6kb in size too. Of course all the links I followed were dead,. One of the sites l looked at in my search for the launcher gave a really glowing review of the mod! , Im surprised it has faded into seeming obscurity considering how much is still available for UT 99.

Of course the problem with reading about something being really top notch is that you suddenly find yourself developing a burning desire to make it work!

Anyhow, if you have more specific instructions on changing the code, it would be cool, I might poke around in the mac game forums, someone may still have the Launcher somewhere.

Cheers,

DJO;) ;)

SandRock

Team Orbit
Nov 24, 2003
NeoCairo Temples
Its been awhile, but i believe if you would normally right-click the unrealtournament icon that launches the game, and you go to properties of it, there is a command line which can be filled in.
If you fill in
UnrealTournament.exe INI=NeoCairo.ini USERINI=NCUser.ini (Im not sure of the actual .ini names!)
then it should launch it as NeoCairo-only :/