UE3 - UDK Creating invisible barriers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

andynov123

Feb 14, 2011
How would I add barriers so I wont fall off the map. and If your going to say add blocking volume I've tried that. I click Add Volume >> BlockingVolume then nothing happens. Is something supposed to appear or is my red brush used? Anyone know a good tutorial on this subject?

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Check if your volumes are set to be visible (shortcut letter O to toggle). BlockingVolumes, and in fact all types of volumes will be added to the world in the shape of your current builder brush. A BlockingVolume will have a grey wireframe, and when you either move away the red builder brush or hide it using B after adding one, you should see the volume you made sitting where the builder brush sat at the time of adding it.

EDIT: And beyond the outline of the volume, BlockingVolumes typically aren't visible as solid objects/collisions in the default window mode. For that, you should try using the NonZeroExtent or ZeroExtent collision viewing modes.

Last edited: