Bio gun

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Enfluence

I kinda like UT3.
Jan 25, 2008
What the hell is up with the bio gun and its out of range hit box? i can't even seem to jump over it from what might seem possible.

It's seems that even a noob can use this gun and kill a pro. why the hell does this gun even exist.

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
Well .. that's kinda like the point of sticking bio goop on the ground... blocking off a path. If you could just hop over it only a complete retard would run into it. Besides, you can walldodge over it perfectly.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
My only complain about this weapon is it being too much powerful for 1vs1 matches.

On the other hand, it is finally useful.

Unknown Target

Jan 22, 2008
I usually just switch to the enforcer and put a round into the bio glob to make it go away if it's in my path. I love the weapon now, it's finally useful, like Erosion says.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
I found it really useful in UT 2004 too. :p
Wouldn't stop players calling me a n00b every time I killed them with it though :/
I had the UT 2004 bio arc sussed pretty well. Fully loaded bio kills were so much fun. :)

Enfluence

I kinda like UT3.
Jan 25, 2008
The thing is even a newbie to the online gaming scene can use this and still kill someone, even when they've been playing the game a lot longer.

Why would you play a game to get better at it just to get shot down by some newbie

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
Well than I think that the person that got killed needs a bit more practice:
Obviously, they were way too close to someone with a fully charged goopgun in hand if a total newb could stick them. Especially if those are players new to online gaming, they shouldn't be too hard to stay at a distance from...

Of course there are exceptions, like meeting someone right around a corner or in a tight corridor with nowhere to go, but every weapon has advantages like that. Like the flak cannon, or meeting someone at long range in an open field with the sniper rifle, or having the higher ground with a rocket launcher, or the link gun lockdown, or being pinned by stinger secondary, etc etc etc...

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
It's just the fact that's wayyyy easier to die in UT3. No matter which weapon you die from.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Has someone found the primary fire still useful here anyway? I can only hit vehicles with that. Secondary fire FTW.

Enfluence

I kinda like UT3.
Jan 25, 2008
So you think that I came to close to a bio rifle? thats kinda werid..since i come close to most guns in the game you see thats how i seem to hit people.

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
Well then the problem isn't really that the bio gun is too strong, it's that you treat every weapon like the impact hammer;)

J/K though, but seriously .. the goopgun is slow and has an arc. It's hard to land a hit when someone's far away, because you have to predict carefully, and people can see it coming from miles away(also, they can destroy the blob by shooting at in in mid-air). If you are too close it's easy to be killed by it, so instead when you see someone carrying it, you should switch to stinger, sniper or shock, and take them out from more distance. If you are unable to do that, you can hardly blame the goopgun for that...

Last edited:

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
I love the new goop gun even though the primary fire lacks a punch, I can hardly get any kills with it. The alt fire is devastating and shouldn't be changed at all. (I love gooping enemies that wear the shield)

Just use walldodges to jump over them and shoot at the blob when it's fired at you.