Error when building level

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jeeves

Feb 23, 2004
Hi,
When I select build all UE2 begins to build the level but during the process it closes down and a critical error appears saying the following:

No Label

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown Processor@ 2407MHz with 255MB RAM
Video: Mobility Radeon (6015)

General Protection Fault!

History: RenderLevel<-FLevelSceneNode::Render<-FPlayerSceneNode::Render<-UUnrealEdEngine::Draw<-(Cam=U2Viewport0, Flags=850036425<-UWindowsViewport::Repaint<-UEditorEngine::RedrawLevel<-WEditorFrame::OnCommand<-WWindow::WndProc<-WWindow::StaticProc<-FFeddbackContextWindows::StatusUpdatef<-UEditorEngine::Exec_BSP<-UEditorEngine::Exec<-(BSP Rebuild)<-UUnrealEdEngine::Exec<-WPageOptions::BuildBSP<-WPageOptions::OnBuildClick<-WEditorFrame::OnCommand<-WWindow::WndProc<-WWindow::StaticProc<-MessagePump<-MainLoop

Could someone please explain what these means or even help me solve this problem as its not allowing me to build my level and then play it. I am using UE2 on a laptop if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Spooger

Dec 16, 2003
Is the level something you can let out? I would like to try a build on my system and see if it acts up on me as well. I'm no good for reading log files but I can trouble shoot a map that has an error in it.

Let me know.

jeeves

Feb 23, 2004
yeah i can let it out. do you want me to email the map and the texture package I used to you?

its quite important that i solve this problem very soon and I'd be grateful for any help.

thanks

Spooger

Dec 16, 2003
yes, you can email it to my "Large" account, I can receive up to 500mb there.

abby@danielpatton.com

After you send it to that one please also email me at mail@danielpatton.com (without any attachments) and let me know it's sent. the abby email account does not alert me that I have awaiting emails there.

Thanks

I'll

jeeves

Feb 23, 2004
Sorry i cant email it to you as I have a 1MB limit on attachments and the map alone is 25MB.

Do you have any idea what could be causing the problem i'm having? Could it be a texture that I'm using, or is it likely to be something else?

Thanks

Spooger

Dec 16, 2003
I have no idea, I would have to try and load it to see. I can give you an FTP account/login, all you would need is a simple FTP program like WSFtp or anything like that. I can set up a login for you and you could upload it. Up to you.

jeeves

Feb 23, 2004
Hi
sorry ive been slow replying. Yeah i'd appreciate it if you could do that for me. I have downloaded the trial version of WSFtp. You can email me the login details and you may need to just provide me some steps on how to use the software to upload files. My email is sanj_rams@hotmail.com.

thanks

Spooger

Dec 16, 2003
I hope that information helped. I had to remove the FTP login/space so that I could make room for other ongoing projects, hope you understand. I can create another one at a later time if needed. Good luck jeeves!