Dreamcast maps?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Xan the Man

Jul 26, 2008
Is there any place I can download the dreamcast exclusive UT maps (ie. flux, brickyard, singularity, nebula, etc)? I looked to an extent on the map sites posted, but all I find are custom maps. I got some of the maps Im looking for from Inoxx's mappack (like Spacenoxx), but I am still missing a lot of these.

Shakey_Jake33

Jun 3, 2008
England
Back in 'the day' I managed to download some of the deathmatch maps from the PS2 version. Obviously this is only a few because the Dreamcast version had 20+ more maps than the PS2 version, but it's better than nothing. I really can't remember where I got them, but I think it was most likely Nali City. I'll look through my old CDR's tonight.

Some of the console-exclusive CTF maps are really nice though, wish someone ported those.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Some of the Dreamcast maps became stuff for RocketArena. Other ones are found on Nali City.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
But only few of these were on nalicity and not exact conversions as far as i can tell.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
No, they were just conversions these ones I played, that author was some random guy converting it and doing it by himself, he was learning ued by that or something.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
But these were not all ps2 maps, for example I am more interested about dm-flux and anyway, how can you know that actually? That it was same person.....the username was kinda unknown of that guy who converted it and he said it was just that, he didn't mention he made these maps and yes i am talking about dm-ps2 maps............

War_Master

May 27, 2005
I would really like to play those maps on my PC, no matter who made them. Maybe a link with a list of them for us to download would be nice, or at least a list of the map's names so we can google around to find them, would help too.

K

i bite
Jul 29, 2004
Magrathea
I am pretty sure there is already a thread about this and allot of links to the maps.
Cbwt.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
But these were not all ps2 maps, for example I am more interested about dm-flux and anyway, how can you know that actually? That it was same person.....the username was kinda unknown of that guy who converted it and he said it was just that, he didn't mention he made these maps and yes i am talking about dm-ps2 maps............

At least I'll play them anyway.

I'm more interested with the exclusive characters, because the console maps were kinda bad.

Kerr Avon

Jan 22, 2008
Sorry I can't help, but if I could just ask; what was the Dreamcast version like (I did play it a long time ago, on my mate's Dreamcast, but can't remember much about it)? The PS2 version is dissapointing, not actually bad, but it lacks so many options and features, and it could (and should) have been so much better.

I hate playing games on PCs (Unreal Tournament is one of the few I still do, and that's partly due to the great mods for the PC version, and partly since the PS2 version isn't that good), I much prefer consoles.

Unreal Championship on the XBox was bad, it was a bad version of Unreal Tournament 2003 (or UT2003 was a better version of UC, whoever you listen to, but UT2003 itself wasn't nearly as good as UT99). Unreal Championship 2 on the XBox was very good, better than UT99 in some ways, but had enough faults to make me still much prefer UT99 (UC2 had some terrible new game modes, missed some of UT99's great game modes, had no speed control, you could only use two weapons per match (I HATE HATE HATE this!!!), some maps weren't much good, etc). I would recommend UC2 for the XBox, but it is very much a flawed gem.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
UC2 is probably the only other Unreal title that is as awesome as UT99, to be honest.

Kerr, the DC version has more maps than the PS2 one, but it has pretty much the same features; I think it has TDM though.
Another thing of the DC version is that there are only the Male Soldier characters (unless you count the four bosses).

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
PS2 version had all skeletal characters I think (can tell it by the vids, that means even the stock soldier characters had skeletal animations).

However I would like to see how looked original dm-flux (there is custom unreal map by same name but it has nothing to do with it), because at ut2003 was dm-flux2.

Anyway UT is not that awesome after these years anymore, I more still prefer original Unreal dm, it can be real fun at certain servers or even with bots, or with enhancements.
UT has just mostly the weapons from Unreal, but more powerful (although the rockets in unreal dm have more damage than default (and rtnp rockets have less damage in dm, lol:mad:), it is a check inside scripts doing this, so basically one hit=dead if 100 hp) and refined and the gameplay is dumbed down to more "classic feel".
As for online matches in UT, I never much liked them, I prefer bots play in UT (it's the best I think of it).
But online matches in original unreal are more fun in my opinion and I can also win sometimes, while I can't say that about UT, I just tried one server after year of not playing stock gametypes and I got owned really badly, so it turns to be really frustrating gameplay then.
I never played UC2, but it seems to be silly game kind of, but can be interesting.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
DM-Flux was... well, a duel map (you fight WarBoss here). It's surrounded by that green energy found in the Skaarj Mothership. The arena itself is made of ramps that surround an inner room.
Every area is pretty empty and the map is hitscan-friendly. Flux and Flux2 don't have much in common.

I agree with you with the online experience in Unreal, but nowadays a lot of people playing it are really annoying.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
DM-Flux was... well, a duel map (you fight WarBoss here). It's surrounded by that green energy found in the Skaarj Mothership. The arena itself is made of ramps that surround an inner room.
Every area is pretty empty and the map is hitscan-friendly. Flux and Flux2 don't have much in common.

I agree with you with the online experience in Unreal, but nowadays a lot of people playing it are really annoying.

I would like to see the map then, too bad i didnt play these, anyway even if ps2 version maybe kinda sucks, I would like to try it. Too bad i don't ahve ps2 and I have not heard of any good emulator either, much.

Some Unreal serevrs like the dog king of the hill ones can be good eventually, but i havnt plyed koth for long time, or usually for dm i play on the not international servers of gamepark, these are not seen in server browser.

Shakey_Jake33

Jun 3, 2008
England
There was a rather nice CTF map in the Dreamcast and PS2 versions, I don't remember the name, but it was essentially based on EpicBoy in style.