UnrealTournament Extension Pack

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
OK, so anything new yet?
Now as I'm more into UE2 I can see how cool are the emitters... Not sure about the projectors though.
And what's left to do?

War_Master

May 27, 2005
Ya, Emitters are really cool in UT2kx. I learned the differences and purposes of the Emitters and XEmitters when I made a mod a few months ago and learned how to use the Materials as well. My mod was just the LightningGun into a team colored instagib and added other weapons as instagibs also but that really took me about a month to learn by trial and error since I had no internet to read about them. If this mod has all those features as mentioned, I hope they are very similar configurations as the ones in UT2kx so that I can get the hang of it quik because Im waiting for the final release (if there's any before UT dies) so that I can use them for my weapon mods.

Would be nice to see a clip on youtube showing some of the things about this mods specially the vehicles, materials and emitters. So far I've only seen screenshots which can be modified in photoshop or taken in UT2k4 which is not convincing me yet that it exists. i'd really like to see other then just screenshots though.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
There are simply Emitters? Hah! :) Still lots to learn. Actually, the jumppads are very wise there. Not like Kickers in UT. With JumpPads you don't have to worry about the place everyone drop as it is auto calculated.
UT won't die... Still too active, more than any other U versions.
Actually, I haven't even seen screenshots... Only the demo ones on ModDB, really, graphics give more info than writings.

16MentalTempest

Out to lunch.
Mar 31, 2008
Oh boy, I'm glad I found this thread. I agree with GreatEmerald, UT won't ever die. This package is just what the community needs to get a major boost.
I just skimmed through the thread, sorry if I missed a similar question. What affect will this have on my computer in terms of performance?

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Mental, yea, you missed that one :)
most of the NEW optimized code was tested on the following machine:
P4M - 2,6 GHZ
256 MB DDR1 Ram
GeforceFX Go5200
80 GB HDD

And it worked fine, you should know that the new Particle Systems have around 20 different performance settings.. I already mentioned that
<...>
you don't have to worry, it'll be tested on a non-highend machine

And yeap, UTRP + UTEP = UTPP (Unreal Tournament Power Pack :D )

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
So... It should have been out or somewhere near out. How's it going with the project? I see that the ModDB has a list of things and their state... Nice, but it still looks like a lot of work to do!

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Well, not quite :D Finished things could be published you know... It would be really not good if this project silently fell to inactivity and would never see the light of day like many cool projects before.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Hmm, although it's good to see the status of all components, but now I have no idea on what changes. Would it be possible to post what changed after an edit on ModDB page?

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Shadow, ma man...how's this mod coming along? :) I know you're busy with other projects (and trust me, I know since I'm working on 4 mods and 2 UTGOTY maps at once XD), and I know you're a lazy bastard (like myself...to a degree XD), but I'm sure everyone here, including myself, need some updates? :p

Other than that, I hope you are doing well. It's been a long time since I've heard and seen you on ut99.org and BuF. XD Hopefully everything is going good. :)

Alright man, tc. :D

«:MX:»RoninMastaFX

iSenSe

on it!
Jan 20, 2008
DM-1on1SmallMountain [NL]
iam idd looking forward to this.

oo well, i always need updates if they make the game better ;)
allthough the UTRP changed allot ( allthough ive still got skating bots :p )

goodluck!

$hagratH

Jan 24, 2008
i spoke to a friend today about UT99 days that we had,,,we said,,why dnt they(epic) ofc keep UT99 gameplay/feeling,,and just throw in the ut3 maps or something,cuz afterall its noway in he*l they can remake the good old UT99:D..but this is just our opinion
thnx alot for this massive huge meganice pack m8
very nice idd,,,,i just uninstalled 2k3/2k4/and UT3.who needs thoose ??
i just played a couple of maps here on UT99..and it bloody rocks
and yes,,,UT99 will never die
it just gets better;)
cheers

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
:eek:

I can not wait for this. Holy crap.

edit: And now I see there's no time for it... 71% completion. I think I'm gonna cry.

War_Master

May 27, 2005
the Shader/Combiner and the Particle/Emitter systems are all I want. Everything else, I might consider it but I dont find any use to them at the moment and it is whats making this mod delay too much.