Left 4 Dead

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Mar 9, 2009
Vancouver, BC.
I've re-installed the game today and wanted to try "Crash Course"

Always 10 seconds after joining any game i get connection timeout... people told me to change the download region in steam to the closer one to your country... i'm in jordan when i changed it to middle east i couldn't find any game/lobby... seems like nobody ever plays in middle east.

EDIT:

I tried to play now... and it gave me the error "l4d_garage02_lots_commentary.bsp" differs from the server's version or something like that.

Does anybody know any solution for my problems?

Thanks

Last edited:

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
.bsp sounds like map data. Maybe someone changed some of the map around and is playing with a custom version. I often run into custom rules when playing a quick match.

akstylish

Keyboard Crasha
Jan 22, 2008
After watching several videos, I'm still not convinced l4d 2 qualifies as a complete sequel. It looks more like ut2k3->ut2k4(although l4d isn't a failure like ut2k3) l4d owners should get some discount imo.

Got this bit from a general tutorial (increase zombiecount etc. tralala).

Thanks. I'll try that.

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
After watching several videos, I'm still not convinced l4d 2 qualifies as a complete sequel. It looks more like ut2k3->ut2k4(although l4d isn't a failure like ut2k3)
I was as disappointed in UT2003 as much as the next guy, but I've got to say, I played it for a hell of a lot longer than Left 4 Dead. Other than a quick foray into that death-is-inevitable-mode (yes, I'm too lazy to read up far enough to find a reminder of what it's called) I've barely touched L4D in months. There just isn't enough in the package.

l4d owners should get some discount imo.
Definitely agree with this.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Anyone interested in running through Dead Air over the weekend? I still need to clear that map and I'd rather not play with bots even though I'm capable of herding them on normal without much trouble.

akstylish

Keyboard Crasha
Jan 22, 2008
Are some of the achievements currently bugged? I got gold on a few survival maps today(w/o cheats or glitches) but there's no change in the achievement list. :mad:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
You mean purely offline? Doesn't list. (Which is strange, if you think about it. A ten year old game named UT, which was primarily multiplayer, had a functionally offline logging utility called Ng stats. Now, L4D has AI and a stats system. Why no offline functionality?)

akstylish

Keyboard Crasha
Jan 22, 2008
I played in a full server. I didn't even know you could play survival mode offline.

btw I'm the only one who didn't get achievements. I was the first to join the game and others followed soon.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I found hal right in the middle of something...
[screenshot]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/Sir_Brizz/l4d_garage01_alleys0002.jpg[/screenshot]

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
lol... you almost need a .gif of that to show it in motion.

What's pictured is what occurs when you stand on top of the mounted machine gun, look down, and press use. It's kind of an odd humping/spanking animation.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Yes, a video would be better. The animation changes over time, at first it looks like he's milking a cow, then it changes into pelvic thrusting.