Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Umm... Blood Diamond? Leo's best IMO, and one of my favs of all time. Though I will admit that I haven't seen The Aviator.

Wasn't that big of a fan of Blood Diamond, to be honest. And yeah, he does the Leo thing in that one too
and dies, Leo style,
but with an accent. Decent movie though, but other actors were better there. That's how I felt about The Departed too; good movie, but he was okay in it. You should check out The Aviator if you can. I think he's leagues better in that then he is in Blood Diamond.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Little Shop of Horrors(1960) - 8/10

I really enjoyed this flick. I grew up watching the 86' version and so I may be a little biased towards it, but the original was pretty good. The highlights were Mr. Mushnick and Seymours mother by far and wide. Mushnick's dialog was hilarious at times(It grows like a cold sore on mouth) and his mother was a drunken old lady worried about her son's choice in women :lol: The cameo with Jack Nicholson was also fantastic, a nice precursor to his Shining role.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Shrek : Forever after (3D|IMax)
8/10
It's Shrek ... need I say more ?
It was fun to watch, despite the fact that there weren't any real surprises plot-wise.

I think it's better than the 3rd, but given that it is the last Shrek-movie I'm glad they ended as there's not much left to do with the characters being who and what they are.

Watching a movie with glasses is kind of annoying, so I really hope that the 3d+glasses era ends really soon.
A few scenes definitely felt better because of the '3D' effect, but I'm sure the huge 'imax' screen helped as well.
The one thing I noticed is that you have to focus on exactly the spot the director wants you to, which kind of ruins the '3d' effect a bit.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
And yeah, he does the Leo thing in that one too
and dies, Leo style,

What is dying Leo style? Emotional? Because it surely was, as it should be. You gotta at least give the movie credit for breaking the cheesy love cliche. No kissing and no I love you's, but a more down to earth [and more powerful IMO] "i'm really happy I met you".

What is dying Leo style? Emotional? Because it surely was, as it should be. You gotta at least give the movie credit for breaking the cheesy love cliche. No kissing and no I love you's, but a more down to earth [and more powerful IMO] "i'm really happy I met you".

I actually thought Connolly was underused in that one, and I don't think a romance subplot (whether it was cliche, or muted as it was in that film) really was a necessary factor in his character's redemption angle at the end. It's kind of a small argument since Blood Diamond was a pretty shallow movie to begin with. It was an action vehicle using an international issue as formula. That's fine, and the movie did okay with what it had going and it was better than some of the trash Zwick has made before, like The Last Samurai. I found the scenes with Djimon Hounsou to be the best part of that one.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Watching a movie with glasses is kind of annoying, so I really hope that the 3d+glasses era ends really soon.

Good luck with that. There are around 60 movies being planned for 3d through out this year and 2011. This fad is staying unfortunately.

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
Inception - 9
The Men Who Stare At Goats - 2
Sorcerer's Apprentice - 6

Last edited:

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
They Live

It's a solid movie, a fun one to watch. It doesn't take itself too seriously also, so that's a plus when too many action movies are too serious for their own good. Plus you'll notice some familiar quotes if you don't know about the movie already. 7.5/10

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Not a fad, and it's stupid to say you can't wear glasses for an hour or two. Millions of people wear glasses throughout every day to correct their vision. Deal with it and stop being a b****.

Where in my post did I say I hated wearing the glasses? Don't get my post and JaFO's mixed up. Hollywood seems to think in their infinite wisdom that 3d makes a better movie and that they can reap the profits from the higher pricing(shrek 4 is a perfect example of a movie bombing with 3d pricing). As saturated as 3d is getting I am surprised they didn't convert movies like Dinner with Schmucks.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
3D might yet prove to be a fad:

http://consumerist.com/2010/08/is-the-3-d-movie-fad-over-yet.html

It will be a fad if the studios keep pumping out 3D done badly in post production (yes, Alice in Wonderland and Clash of the Titans, I'm looking at you).

3D done well (Avatar [for all it was a rubbish film], How to Train Your Dragon, Monsters Vs. Aliens) is still worth paying extra to see (especially on IMAX) but I know that I am now becoming quite choosy about what I pay the extra for. Too many cases where the 3D is done badly (Clash of the Titans) or just doesn't add anything (e.g. Toy Story 3).

Say what you will about Avatar but Cameron set a benchmark for technical quality and unfortunately it's been downhill since then. :(

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Where in my post did I say I hated wearing the glasses? Don't get my post and JaFO's mixed up. Hollywood seems to think in their infinite wisdom that 3d makes a better movie and that they can reap the profits from the higher pricing(shrek 4 is a perfect example of a movie bombing with 3d pricing). As saturated as 3d is getting I am surprised they didn't convert movies like Dinner with Schmucks.

Was replying to both you and jafo. 3d is simply superior to 2d, just like hd is better then sd. All movies should be 3d and they eventually will be like everything nowadays is hd. Back in the day I don't remember people complaining about the first movies that were moving to hd. Wtf? This generation complains about everything, even if it's good.

Last edited:

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
Was replying to both you and jafo. 3d is simply superior to 2d, just like hd is better then sd.

I don't think that is a valid comparison. While HD only is a quality increase, 3D actually changes the content to some degree. For the record, I found it to be distracting at times in "Avatar", and equally distracting when it was missing (or not as apparent) from a scene following one making heavy use of it. It's not simply superior to 2D, but different, with both strengths and weaknesses.

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
Just to chime in on the 3D discussion. The only movie worth watching in 3D will be this.

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PVunUDJ67c[/M]

everything else can suck it.... I saw a few movies in so called 3D and was kind of unimpressed.

Back to rating movies...

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Was replying to both you and jafo. 3d is simply superior to 2d, just like hd is better then sd. All movies should be 3d and they eventually will be like everything nowadays is hd. Back in the day I don't remember people complaining about the first movies that were moving to hd. Wtf? This generation complains about everything, even if it's good.

Then enjoy your 15 dollar movie tickets guy.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Across the Universe-9/10

In my opinion this is a brilliantly composed film on every level. Greta visual concepts married to amazing readings of these Beatle's tracks. Musically it's a great flick.

It's pretty incredible how the story they have woven around the songs interprets the songs in ways that completely change the intent and purpose of the original lyrics.

Also; it's visually stunning.....

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
The following post is full of shame...

Rampage 7/10

Uwe Bolls' best. I hate to admit it but he finally did it. And yes, the overly long rampagescene sealed the deal. Go watch if you're a hater and want to act like a monk repenting.