Unreal beta the begining

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Delacroix said:
Unreal Platinum is just a compilation of map packs - I can compile the add-on for you by myself. Or do it yourself by visiting www.unrealsp.org and downloading the following map packs:

Hexephet
The Illhaven Saga
Invasion (Xerania's Fall - part 2)
One Day In The Life Of...
Tower of Shrakith'a
Strange World
The Elder

... there are also some DM maps for UT there, the same as in "мир Unreal Tournament / Unreal Tournament World" and UT Encyclopedia 1.1. If you get these files, you'll have Unreal Platinum.

But mappacks can be choosed from menu from that I know. It is UnrealGold S.E. and UTGOTY, plus enhanced drivers and mappacks and stuff.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
)bee(scarbelly.nl said:
Yup it work with the 226 patch happy gaming
the 226 patch included some serve browser!!
No, you misunderstood. That is Unreal Special edition demo patched to version 2.23. See different version of dark arena at shots.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
)bee(scarbelly.nl said:
something thy typed here about the 222 patch its from the 3dfx voodoo 3 vidcards in the usa

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/2221/Unreal-225.html

======================================
That is not 222 patch, but Tim is talking about 225 patch(Recommend to use for servers).
226 patch has version conflicts with UnrealGold edition and backwards.
At 225 servers everyone can play.

Edit:Those lines are about Unreal release version, it was released on 2.20 for PC, etc.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
)bee(scarbelly.nl said:
something thy typed here about the 222 patch its from the 3dfx voodoo 3 vidcards in the usa

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/2221/Unreal-225.html

======================================

Unreal 220 1:37 PM | - Sluggo
There's a huge update on the Unreal Technology Page announcing the release of the Unreal 220 beta. There's a boatload of changes in the new release (which you can see at the versions page), but among them are improved internet play, new multiplayer modes, and a host of bugfixes. There are also notes that an Unreal 221 may be out next week, and Unreal 222 after that will be an "official" non-beta patch that will coincide with the release of the shareware version.
Yea, those are old patches, but not lost.
Maybe 222 is not avaiable out there, but I think it may be one of release versions of Unreal lately.

Edit:I was looking into my standard Unreal CD and I don't have idea which version I have, it may be 2.00, dunno. At first run at system folder@CD it says just:
[FirstRun]
FirstRun=True

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Some friendly tips from a somewhat old forum rat:

-Don't quote big images.
-Use screenshot tags, if possible. [screenshot][/screenshot]
-Edit your posts. You don't necessarily have to create a new one for every few sentences ;-) -> Might sound funny coming from a guy like me, but it's best if you pay attention to this.

)bee(scarbelly.nl

Feb 15, 2006
holland
richardmoust.googlepages.com
unreal 1 1990

Leo(T.C.K.) said:
Nope, that is another game, CGA. It is not from Unreal series from Epic, just other game using same name I think.
yes i know god d+++med i only say this ones the verion who is on mine website has NOTHING TODO WITH EPIC-GAMES it was ther first dos release of all unreal caus it was publish by UBISOFT AND NOT EPIC GAMES OR ATARI OR GT INTERACTIVE damn read here.sory guys no other way to explaine it

)bee(scarbelly.nl

Feb 15, 2006
holland
richardmoust.googlepages.com
NeoNite said:
Some friendly tips from a somewhat old forum rat:

-Don't quote big images.
-Use screenshot tags, if possible. [screenshot][/screenshot]
-Edit your posts. You don't necessarily have to create a new one for every few sentences ;-) -> Might sound funny coming from a guy like me, but it's best if you pay attention to this.
ofcourse you are right

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Well, I found something on eDonkey2000, it's very rarely seen complete since the fall of Razorback - Unreal Engine Internal Beta 1995 - it's 27 MB in size. It might be the file, as we don't actually know when the beta was made. It WAS shown on E3 1996 but it's nothing new, showing oldies at E3 - just look at 3D realms, they keep showing an old trailer of DNF each time...
Sorry to dig this up, but if this was found it would be nice. But I don't think the second part of the sentence is true. I think this thing is actually the bigger 95 version having more maps in it, possibly even the same one from the PRESS screenshots. Those maps/textures could be damn useful.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Actually I did download that file at some point - and it turns out the archive was just inflated by the presence of one of the music files being converted to WAV. The remainder of the files were all from the Unreal95 tech demo, without the Unreal.unr level.