Idea involving gravity, and oriantation

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Call me Erdrik

Arch Mage
Nov 24, 1999
Spring Hill, FL, USA
www.geocities.com
any one know what I variables I need to modify to change the players 'base??' so that they stand perpindicular to different surfaces? like the wall or ceiling?

I want to make a point actor to be a gravity point, and make it in a sphere so the player can walk around the sphere like a moon or planet.

any help would be appreciated...

(this would also help in my mod so the player could walk on the outside surfaces of their starbase/carriar ^_^ )

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
I think that that would require whole new states, meaning whole new player classes.... meaning for your maps you might be better off using a lot of stinking portals rather than messing with new states.... or maybe not...

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Some blobs from U1 use PHYS_Spider. It doesn't seem to do anything with it, though.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
I just tried it and it lets you move horrizontally along walls, changes the rotation of your mesh, and has weird movement controlls. You also fall slower. It doesn't do anything with your viewrotation either. I also got gibbed a few times and I'm not sure why. It was pretty bad.

EvilDrWong

Every line of code elevates you
Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
PHYS_Spider is fun! WEEE! its supposed to be able to set any surface as the uh... normalized ground or something... to a pawn, but ive got an inkling that they didnt complete the movement code for it.

Call me Erdrik

Arch Mage
Nov 24, 1999
Spring Hill, FL, USA
www.geocities.com
Well I checked it out and unless Phys_Spider turns anything up(I haven't check the blobs yet :p ) Id have to make a new player class :( It looks a lot more coplicated than I had thought.. I need to find out the variable that UT uses to determine the surface that the player is standing on.... but then Id have to change the local axis to match the normal of that suface.... and set the movement stuffs to match the axis.. or just set the movement to match the normal :p but it'll probly be a while .... I kinda got un-inspired when I got that error for the space MOD I was working on :p ... Ill get back to it tho :)