Unreal 1 only renders in software mode with GeForce2 card

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shine

Jan 21, 2001
Visit site
I've been trying to get Unreal 1 up and running on my new computer, with no luck. I haven't tried UT, but I do have Rune installed, and Rune gave me no problems whatsoever--it looks great, in fact!

Installed the final (?) patch; but Unreal 1 fails to run in anything except software mode.

HAS ANYONE MANAGED TO GET THIS 3dfx-LOVING-DINOSAUR TO RUN ON A NEW GEFORCE2 CARD?

Please help!!!

1.2GHz AMD Athlon Thunderbird
ASUS A7V JumperFree PC133/VC133 Rev 1.02
VIA Apollo KT133 Chipset
ASUS AGP-V7700 GeForce2 GTS
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! Model: CT4760

0bside0

Transmogriphying...
Jul 20, 2000
Seattle, WA
www.klondike5.us
just a note on VIA's 4-in-1
they seemed to be only 2-in-1 for me. No matter how many times I rebuilt my system (this is a long story that is very frustrating so I will not go into it hehehehe) it would not install all four pieces correctly. I HIGHLY recommend downloading and installing each component from their site SEPARATELY... Also, for the busmaster ide driver you need to run it TWICE- the first time you choose option #1 and the second time option number two. One is for the chipset it self and two is the VxD. You'll see really poor drive performance and possibly lock ups if you only install the default (option 1). Why it will not install both at once I cannot tell you and there was no documentation to point any of this out... SOOO- that's my knowledge-nugget to pass on. Sorry for rambling. Those drivers were a thorn in my side for two weeks pc re-re-rebuilding. ;)
Cheers all