fire fights

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Soul_hacker

Apr 26, 2000
sweden
members.xoom.com
ok i havent got the fastest comp and all that but when i get into a fight everything freezes and then im ded /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

is it just my comp ore is there something i can do about it

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
if your comp isn't the "fastest"... turn down the details until the game is playable for ya.
In addition turn off the drop ammo, drop weapons feature. Drop ammo needs much much resources, cause normally multiple objects are spawned within a second and this slows down the fastest comps also. Drop Weapons is not such a resource killer, cause just a handful of objects are spawned at the same time.

Hope that helps /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif

Beppo
Lead-Programmer of The Infiltration Team

Dracil

First Poster of new INF forums
Jan 14, 2000
Taiwan, now in UC Berkeley
Are you using 2.75? That freezing means you already ARE dead. It's just that there's something in the code that's making it take a while before the falling down sequence.

hunchback

Mar 25, 2000
Oakdale, CA, USA
www2.ucsc.edu
With all due respect, are you sure that the spawning is the cause of the freeze? First of all, at least on my computer, the freeze is there regardless of whether I have "drop ammo/weapons" enabled or not. Also, it's only there when I'm the one who's getting killed; not when I kill someone else and they drop a bunch of items.