Angels Fall First: Planetstorm Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

AStepIntoOblivion

Alien Invader
Sep 10, 2008
www.affuniverse.com
By the way, for those with non-default UT3 installs who can not use the included mod shortcut in our release, the Planetstorm lead coder Sarcen has made an application for finding your mods and creating launch shortcuts.

Works for all mods, not only ours. :)

ML-ui.jpg

ML-options.jpg

Visit our forums for more instructions:

http://affuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14765#post14765

Download it here

Thanks again for the support guys. :D

Last edited:

AStepIntoOblivion

Alien Invader
Sep 10, 2008
www.affuniverse.com
Yes if it works on the net, it works on LAN. Even faster than online :) It's meant to be multiplayer after all and will be the primary focus of development. At the moment, some features are missing in multiplayer though, such as ship boarding.

Also there is a bug where the Bots stop responding after a mapchange. The only solution to which is killing all the bots and re-adding them. That's the bug that's preventing us from hosting a permanent server :( But once we get to fix that, we will hopefully start hosting servers for Planetstorm. Meanwhile, yes you can have multiplayer battles with this release among your friends.

JQP

Jan 25, 2008
Damn, got to do a lot of hanging out to see all the extras for UT3! Never heard of this mod until now.

Congrats, looks superb. Glad to see a UT3 TC with its own IP (yes I'm going to rhyming acronym hell when I die).

(PS, if you're the PR guy, try not to refer to your potential "customers" as "lazy" or "inept" - just a tip. Edit: oh, and tell your texture guys not to be afraid of color! No reason the future has to be drab. Given the level of expertise evident in the screens, I'm sure you've all heard of Chris Foss (the stripes on that one ship are reminiscent) but if not, check out his work. NM about the HUD thing, no need to cut and paste the stock answer :p)

Last edited:

AStepIntoOblivion

Alien Invader
Sep 10, 2008
www.affuniverse.com
Damn, got to do a lot of hanging out to see all the extras for UT3! Never heard of this mod until now.

Congrats, looks superb. Glad to see a UT3 TC with its own IP (yes I'm going to rhyming acronym hell when I die).

(PS, if you're the PR guy, try not to refer to your potential "customers" as "lazy" or "inept" - just a tip. Edit: oh, and tell your texture guys not to be afraid of color! No reason the future has to be drab. Given the level of expertise evident in the screens, I'm sure you've all heard of Chris Foss (the stripes on that one ship are reminiscent) but if not, check out his work. NM about the HUD thing, no need to cut and paste the stock answer :p)

Thanks. :)

And LOL... notice that my name and avatar is different. His is in bluish light and mine is more orangey. He's our lead mapper and pardon his words, he was just a bit frustrated at dealing with people who can't seem to understand instructions, no matter how many times they are repeated. :p I shall give him a sound smack then :lol: I'm a different guy entirely.

And nope not in PR. Funny thing is, I'm one of the texture artists :lol: Civilian ships are actually quite colorful in our Universe, as I have textured some of them. We do have to maintain our own style, or we are in danger of being yet again another Homeworld clone, though we aren't ashamed to admit the HW franchise is what first drew us together as a team.

But understand that all the current maps are military. And as such must maintain the drab colors for visual camouflage at least.

We will be doing civilian locations in future releases (already are doing, actually). Including a floating trade city and a starport.

Anyway some examples of civilian ships that I have textured for our Universe (quite small in relation to fighters which are about ~40m long. These are the size of modern buses):

(Click to enlarge):

Last edited:

Jetfire

Jul 25, 2005
All apologies, I feel suitably chastened :)

What would really cheer me up would be some help. Just a reminder that we are actively seeking (experienced) mappers and coders that can give us a portion of their time. Feel free to pm myself or Oblivion and help make something awesome.