WAR-Tropico Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sk.7

Jan 31, 2008
Man if only the jungles of Turok and Haze looked this good :)

And if only Crysis games would run this good :lol:

Thanks for creating this piece of artwork :)

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
I really got the inspiration from the tropical rainforests we have in Queensland (north east australia). lush green vegetation, and red soil. it's beautiful. you should all come and check it out.

man, if i had the money i'd be there already. it's always been my dream to go to australia ;)

map looks great. i won't comment on the gameplay since, like i said, i'm not much of warfare player but it's worth the download if only to look at it :D

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
The map looks awesome.
Performance take a hit though, sometimes 70 frames, sometimes 30. :O (On a 8800GTS 640)
Also, it is way too symmetrical, switch some plants around.

ElfjeTwaalfje

Jan 22, 2008
This map crashes on both rigs I have. Both ASUS P5E with a intel duo core 8400 and 2 Gb, one with a 3850 512Mb, the other a 4850 512Mb. ATI driver 8.9 or 8.10 no difference. UT3 1.3 with all settings maxed. The map freezes at the loading/start screen (you see the initial scene). Any hints or tips?

neoduck

Oct 18, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Also, it is way too symmetrical, switch some plants around.

lol... seriously.. i would have if i'd have had time.

but i actually placed every single piece of foliage by hand. and what i mean by that is that i decorated half the level and flipped it around. take a guess at how many pieces there are? at last count there were around 2400 pieces of foliage. trees not included. not sure the final number :)

sorry about the map crash... is anyone else having problems?

aussie ftw!

Toninux

Jun 24, 2008
lol... seriously.. i would have if i'd have had time.

but i actually placed every single piece of foliage by hand. and what i mean by that is that i decorated half the level and flipped it around. take a guess at how many pieces there are? at last count there were around 2400 pieces of foliage. trees not included. not sure the final number :)

sorry about the map crash... is anyone else having problems?

aussie ftw!

Please don't forget to fix the collision bugs I mentionned if you had time...

And an Antalus remake with the same sort of layout would be nice too... UT3 has a lack of good vegetal DM maps!

Last edited:

neoduck

Oct 18, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Peanut butter? In MY chocolate?

screenshot00005sizedyc2.jpg

This just feels so... right.

ps. that's awesome. lol

OutlawSkot33

Im me.
May 27, 2004
Wow, almost thought I was looking at another game lol
I love it. The atmosphere is awesome. I like the speedtree useage.

neoduck

Oct 18, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
did you make all those plants yourself as well or did you dl them somewhere?
there seems to be a serious lack of plant meshes in UT3...

i made a hand full of them, got a few from UT2004, and modified some of the stock ones. lots of time spent in photoshop cutting out leaves!! haha..

Quaglax

May the funk be with you...
Apr 25, 2006
ATL
And an Antalus remake with the same sort of layout would be nice too... UT3 has a lack of good vegetal DM maps!

Yes....YES.....YESSSSS!!! A UT3 version of Antalus would be THE ****...along with a remake of Albatross (god I miss playing that map but I just cant go back to the floaty, dodge-jump of 2004)

PLEASE!!! MAPPERS!!! Remake these two maps for UT3....PLEASEEEEE!!