***IMPORTANT*** for ut2k3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jevus

От България
Feb 17, 2003
hey all, my ut2k3 just crashed and it says that the problem is in engine.dll in the /system dir. can anyone give me a link or send it to my email (frendzo@satline.net) in zip form, i really need it cause if i reoinstall the game itll take forever and besides i have to install mods and models and mutators and itll take up my whole afternoon.

thx to whoever sends it :)

Warm Pudgy

null
Feb 18, 2001
i think, not sure, that if you uninstall ut2k3, it will leave all the mod files and folders

but i can send it to ya through mirc if ya'd like

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
don't uninstall it at all, just install over it and it will replace the files, then all you'll have to do is run the newest patch again and you'll be set.

jevus

От България
Feb 17, 2003
what the ****!!? this is complete bull****. i uninstalled ut2k3 and i reinstalled it, + all the mutators and all that ****, and yes, the game ran, perfectly. but then i shut down my pc cuz the cpu wsas heating up and when i turned it back on, it gave me the same ****ed up error! wtf is wrong with the game?!?

jevus

От България
Feb 17, 2003
Do Not Worry my children, i fixed it, its all right now, you can go to sleep ;)

am serious tho, i did fix it

jevus

От България
Feb 17, 2003
lmao, i just saw that there were replies. it still gives me the error, everyday once. but i know how to deal with it - just start the latest ut2k3 patch (dont install) go to the C:\Document and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\ then theres a folder with a name containing numbers and letters (like WE46YH <- thats not it). open the folder go to UT2003 then System (in that same folder) and copy ur ut2k3 exe and ued exe (it also crashes) and just replace the exes - if ut2k3 has crashed - the ut2k3 exe . if ued crashed - the unrealed.exe

i ve noticed that when the game is not crashing the ut2003.exe is 168 kb. when it crashes it goes to 345kb (or 3 hundred something). same with the unrealed.exe - before its 2108 kb aftre the crash its more.

also if you just leave the working exes somewhere (not C: ), when the game crashes itll stull **** up even those exes. thats why i ve renamed the working exes to ut2003.bak and unrealed.bak . if it crashes i just delete the stupid exe and copy the working one in the system folder. and rename it of course.

ps to access the Local Settings folder u need to set the folder settings to "reveal hidden files and folders". u should know where to change the settigns (ur not a n00b, ru? ;) )

Last edited:

BigFolks

Apr 16, 2003
I'm sure of the hundreds of people that go through here theres gonna be 1 or 2 pee brains. Comon! feel some sympathy!