UT Texture Listing in Hardcopy Format

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Euphoric Beaver

impeccably groomed
Apr 19, 2001
Great Britain
www.euphoric-beaver.me.uk
Just wondering if somebody could upload SG1Tech Texture pack, so I can download it.
In exchange I will upload my excellant egyptian textures (Picture attached)

And if its unlimited space you have perhaps this could turn into the number 1 spot for textures.

Squirrel9

Jan 30, 2001
Windsor Ontario
Visit site
Ohhh and yes I would not mind keeping a archive for all the textures that people would want to upload and download. I am working on trying to find a website that will allow me to keep files online that are big so I do not have to split it up into 80 1meg files cause I know that woud be a Pain in the a@@ to downlaod all of them. For now I figure that the FTP is the easiest way for people to download them.

Squirrel

Mesquakiman

Average
Sep 18, 2000
MO.
Visit site
UTX-Viewer

Hey wouldnt the easy thing be to go download a program called UTX-Viewer and look at the textures on it while you have the editor running that is what i do ..

BitBasher

Quantum Singularity
Mar 24, 2001
The Void
www.user.dccnet.com
Re: UTX-Viewer

Originally posted by Scootercuder
Hey wouldnt the easy thing be to go download a program called UTX-Viewer and look at the textures on it while you have the editor running that is what i do ..
It's sort of a personal-preference thing. In my case, I ALWAYS prefer hardcopy reference material over digital reference material. There's just something about flipping through PAGES to find stuff that is still far more natural than attempting to navigate someone's idea of an online index, or constantly clicking NEXT, NEXT, NEXT, etc.

In the case of the texture lists, I like flipping through the pages looking for just the right texture. Most of the viewer programs only show a handful of textures at a time, and they don't show sample frames of animated textures. Currently, I haven't found a texture viewer program I like, since all the interfaces a just a tad too clunky to use effectively. And of course, when you've got UED2 running fullscreen, there's simply no more room for another program to review textures. ;)

Just my two cents,
BB.

Euphoric Beaver

impeccably groomed
Apr 19, 2001
Great Britain
www.euphoric-beaver.me.uk
Also when i'm first desgining my level, I like to sit down and jot it on paper. I also put what textures I want on each surface and i'll find flipping through a book much quicker.

BitBasher

1) You already have the Egyptian Textures from 007-Egyptian.

2) Sorry I meant the actual .utx of SG1 tech, if anyone could upload it, it would be great.

3) How do you make an ftp site?

Squirrel9

Jan 30, 2001
Windsor Ontario
Visit site
Hey bud
There are a few programs that will allow you to host an FTP. The one I use if called G6 FTP. The other 2 I know of are WardFTP and Serv-U FTP. Any of these will allow you to host an FTP. If you need specific help on setting it up ICQ me at 9389312.
Squirrel:)