Too Drunk To Consent?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Adelheid

Bernstein
Jan 23, 2008
Nowhere.
"Too Drunk" Rape Trial:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5h7tbGxI2QBVXu8Sa1iYqdduNI68Q

Men May Face Jail If She Is Drunk:
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/...man+is+drunk,+according+to+new+law/article.do

Recently a woman drank five bottles of wine, performed a sex act on a guy, helped the guy undress himself, helped the guy undress her, and then doinked him like the world was about to end. When she woke up she apparently decided that if she was too drunk to remember doing all of this then she must have been too drunk to know what she was doing when she gave consent, and therfore was raped.
The Jury, made mostly of women, told her to jog on.

What I'm wondering is: if yes, you can be too drunk to be held accountable for the consent you give, then what about being too drunk to be held accountable for the death of the man you kicked 57 times outside of the nightclub last saturday? Too drunk to be held accountable for the child you ran over on sunday? Is being drunk an excuse for anything, or is it about time we all grew grown-up spines and learned to not pass our limits?

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
It's an unfortunately shaky ground as there are plenty of douchebags that would have sex with a passed out woman, which is most certainly rape. There are also plenty of women (and men) that falsely believe (when sober) that they would not consent to sex with the people they end up with. If they were sufficiently trashed to not remember that night, it isn't that they're trying to screw someone over its that they wake up with no idea how this person got in their bed and a strong belief that they would never have invited them into the situation.

Those who insist a woman can be too drunk for her consent to be valid are full of crap. The only real question is did she consent and the biggest problem is that is a very hard question to answer.

~Jason

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
A girl I knew in college did this to a guy she was seeing. Pretty much ****ed up his life. :(

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
There's just a slight problem with this master plan. This woman chose to drink.

So,.. don't **** drunk bitches?

Telling them to go **** themselves 'til they sober up has always been more my style. :D

By the way, that article about the law in thisislondon has to be the most feminist, sexist, bullcrap I've ever read. Are they going to make fatties pay up for hanging out til 4am when the guys are too drunk to know any better? (Cause you know that's what this is going to lead to,.. civil case after civil case for damages and emotional trauma etc.. 'cause women can pick out apparently well-to-do guys,.. to "do". Basically court supported prostitution, without the woman having to "feel" like a total whorebag.)

Last edited by a moderator:

KaiserWarrior

Flyin' High
Aug 5, 2008
If a girl gets that drunk for you it's kinda implied consent...

This is monstrous on so very many levels.

Society is doomed.

PROTIP: Knowingly taking advantage of someone who's judgement you are fully aware is severely impaired is about as ethically sound as raping a retard or comatose person.

Armagon917

TOAST
Mar 6, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
it is very frightening that women have such power in this area. one word and you will likely be arrested, have to lawyer up, and i'm sure the neighbors are going to love you now. it completely damages everything.

there are some very immature women out there that do not understand the consequences and impact that accusation has. there have been an alarming number of cases where she was upset with herself, ashamed, regretful, or forcing the blame for pregnancy on someone else. sometimes for really immature women its an out for not taking responsibility.

this is why i only sleep with women i completely trust. be careful. these false accusations of rape are almost exclusive to women. and its a screwed up situation because nobody wants a true rapist to get off (take both meanings).

key phrase here is FIVE BOTTLES OF WINE. she was obviously enjoying herself and the guy was likely getting drunk as well having a good time and thought. whooo i'm gettin laid. just seems like someone doesn't want to take responsibility for their own actions.

Last edited:

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
PROTIP: Knowingly taking advantage of someone who's judgement you are fully aware is severely impaired is about as ethically sound as raping a retard or comatose person.

Azura hit it right on. The problem with this is that the girl chose to drink. These girls need to be honest with themselves. Do they really think that they're going to get completely wasted with a guy, and then you're just going to be friends and hug? Sorry, but I don't buy it. They know exactly what they're getting into when they participate in such behavior, and morning after remorse is no excuse.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Azura hit it right on. The problem with this is that the girl chose to drink. These girls need to be honest with themselves. Do they really think that they're going to get completely wasted with a guy, and then you're just going to be friends and hug? Sorry, but I don't buy it. They know exactly what they're getting into when they participate in such behavior, and morning after remorse is no excuse.

Also, girls that wear short skirts and sexy outfits at night are begging to be screwed, no matter how they may cry and insist otherwise. Why else would they dress that way if they didn't really want it?

Your logic is so ****ed up it's not even funny. Even IF a person was spending time with someone with the desire to have sex with them, without them actually giving consent, that sex is called rape.

~Jason

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
without them actually giving consent, that sex is called rape.

~Jason

But see here's the thing, according to the jury she DID give consent. Her whole contention now is that it doesn't matter how much she came on to him, she was drunk so it doesn't count. That's just total BS.

You have to look at the situations here. A girl and her friends invite you over for a party. You all get drunk, and the friends leave you and the girl in the house alone. At this point you have to ask why would a girl that has no interest in having sex with you allow herself to be in this type of situation? Sorry, but stupidity just isn't a good enough excuse here. Yet, if that's not enough the girl is actually undressing you?

Being drunk just isn't an excuse. If it is then the guy that raped her shouldn't be held accountable because he was drunk and couldn't possibly have known what he was doing.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
it's twisted logic for a twisted situation.
Isn't there something wrong with girls dressing up to attract only to say no by default ?
It's like not locking your car and then wondering why someone stole it.
It may not be a good excuse for the thief, but insurance isn't going to pay up either.

How can anyone be so stupid that they continue to drink even though they notice their brain having trouble responding to reason. Is it because they never used their brains to begin with ?